Old Fella

Guest greytgreymom

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Old Fella, you will find so many friends at the bridge, all loved as you are. Run free with all of the other angels.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Old Fella....I am so happy I was able to feed you shrimp and pet your soft sweet head.

You will be so missed, good boy.

:f_pink

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

It has been a very sad day and I've shed many tears.

To Cheryl & Scott: I am so grateful on Old Fella's behalf that you provided the environment for him to gain dignity and experience love. There was enough time for him to do what he needed to do and to receive what he needed to receive. You could have given him no greater gift.

To all who donated to the Old Fella Senior Fund: what great gifts so many of you gave. It gave Old Fella some comfortable last weeks and allowed him, because of the timing, to go to the bridge at home in a very timely manner. Although a shock for Cheryl & Scott, it was wonderful for him.

I am sure Magic met him and the two old codger friends are now forever young and running and playing in fields of daisies. :gh_run2:gh_run2:beatheart

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest graggys7greyts

Cheryl & Scott, I send my condolences on the passing of a greyt, heartcapturing hound - Old Fella. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of this wonderful spirit.

f_yellow

I am so very sorry to read about Old Fella. He touched so many lives.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest rockhound

I am so terribly sorry. Old Fella's story touched me-and so many others-so deeply. I am so glad he had people like you to love him so much in his final years. Run free, Old Fella.... :gh_run

Although I never met Old Fella in person, my heart was touched by him, and I, too, am crying with you for the loss of his light in our world. :cry1 What a fine sweet gent he was. :heart May you know that his loving spirit will be with you always... and he is now in the care of our beloved Bridge angels. Godspeed, precious boy. Many hugs, Cheryl and Scott, for opening your hearts to him in his time of need, and loving him so mightily. :beatheart:grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest pleasantsarg

I have been following his storyand and am very sad to read this. I pray that he has found Stoney, Sarg and all the other bridge kids and that he is at peace. Thank you for being such a great mom to him and for letting us know what happened to Old Fellow. Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

Cheryl and Scott Bless you for all you did for old fella so that he could touch all of us. This is sad news but the Bridge has a wonderfull new member who will keep all on their toes.

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry. His story has touched us all. What a dear sweet boy.....

:grouphug:grouphug:f_red:f_red:f_red

He has a special place at the Bridge and others are there to keep him company and watch over us.

I'm so sorry. Tears for Old Fella. I'm so happy that he had such a wonderful last couple of years...In reading his story and all the updates, he taught me a thing or two about resilience and loving life for all it's given me.

Jayme with Pippi (the scaredy-beagle)
In the memories of all of my Bridge-babies I'd like to remind people to choose adoption--and that it's not just dogs and cats that are available!

Guest argolola

I'm crying with you this morning. God bless you for giving Old Fella a wonderful life in his last years. You and your family were truly his angels on earth. Now he is an angel.

Godspeed sweet Old Fella. You are loved by people all around the world.

Guest PeteysMom

I am so sorry to hear this. Old Fella was an inspiration to all. Thank you for being there when he needed you most! You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

So sorry to hear of the passing of Old Fella. :heart He warmed my heart as I know he did others. Please accept my condolences... he was one special boy because, as each year went by, we all know he was still a boy at heart. :beatheart

Love,

Chrissy, Gino and Speck

Guest DeVon

I am so sorry for your loss of Old Fella. I have followed his story for a long time now. What a special old guy he was, and what extroadinary people you are for giving him such a wonderful life. They are never with us long enough, but please know you gave him so much in the time he was with you. Run free, sweet boy, and send a sign to your folks you are happy and free over the bridge. May God hold your aching hearts in his hands. :grouphug

Guest BlessedByGreys

How wonderful for you that you had such a special boy for so long and how wonderful for him to have such a special Mommy and Daddy. I am so sorry that he had to leave you so quickly, but I am glad that he had you to turn to in his hour of greatest need.

God Bless you "Old Fella" and run free sweet boy. Play with my dear sweet Calli and chase a rabbit or two with her. :colgate;)

Diana+ and Katie

Oh, no ... ! Dear, sweet Old Fella! :cry1 I am so sorry. :bighug

I am crying, too. I hope my dear old Jim met him at the bridge, and Susan, too. He had such a wonderful home for that last short part of his life - probably the best part of his life. Bless you for taking him in.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest Greymom

I have tears in my eyes. I followed the journey of Old Fella, and was happy that he had a very loving home for the remainder of his life. He touched so many people. Run free sweet boy. Know that you were very loved by so many people. You were a very special greyhound. :f_white