Old Fella

Guest greytgreymom

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Old Fella brought our larger community together in love and compassion as he graced our lives with his presence. He was an angel; of that I have no doubt.

Cheryl,  ,you and your family were blessed to have been able to love and adore him in his last days. He couldn't have had greater stewards. I am so sorry for the loss and grief that you are surely feeling now. Know that you gave him more love and care in the year and a half that you had him, than he had likely ever had in his prior 13 years on this planet. Also remember that the bonds of love you share with him cannot be broken by space and/or time. He will never leave your sides.

Above all, I am grateful that you were there when he needed you most. Because you were there, he left his body knowing that it was a safe thing to do. Take solace in that fact.

Bless you for sharing his life story with us. Bless us all for opening our hearts to him. We are all greyter for the experience of knowing him.

Oh Millicent, you said it so perfectly. I have tears in my eyes... I never met Old Fella in person, but his story and photos have so touched my heart. Our condolences... :(

:f_pink

Jen

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss :weep

Old Fella truly was one in a million. May his legacy live on in those who take in old fellas just like him in the years to come.

:f_red

:cry1

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest amyszoo1

Cheryl and Scott,

I was so very sorry and sad to learn of Old Fella's passing. I truly felt that I knew him through all the posts about his new life after finding a true home with you both.

From the saddest of beginnings to the most loved and cherished time at the end, Old Fella had the total love and devotion he deserved in his life.

Knowing all that you did for him to make his life come full circle from sorrow to joy is a blessing . You are special people and the entire Greyhound community grieves with you.

We send hugs and love from central New York to you all - and to everyone who helped in giving this boy a new and beautiful life.

Love from us,

Amy and the Caz Crew

Guest caiteag

When I saw the title of this thread... that it was in Rememberance.. my heart broke. Dear Old Fella, though I was never blessed enough to scritch your ears or gaze into your beautiful eyes, I fell in love with you, like most everyone else here on GT. Run free, sweet boy... and spread your love and joy around while you watch over your loving family from afar.

:f_red

Guest Lexus

My heart just sank when I saw this post. Old fella found his peace here on earth , and now will find peace at the bridge.

You were loved by all of us, sweet baby. :f_red

Guest zaylagrey

I'm so sorry to hear about old Fella. I remember when you first posted about him last year. It is a comfort to know that he was with people who loved and cared for him if only for a little while. He truly knew what real love and a good home was before he left you. He's now around others who love him, but I know he'll be missed. Hugs :bighug

Guest jennyheater

OMG! Cheryl...

I'm so sorry to hear about Old Fella. It breaks my heart to hear he's gone.. I can't believe it.

Please accept our condolences for his loss...

Hugs

Jenny Heater and my family here...

Guest hannahmom

I started to cry when I saw his name in Remembrance.

I know it was time for him to go, but he will be missed by so many. His story was a necon to what love can do.

So sorry Cheryl

No :( ...I am so sad. :( I can not stop crying. Old Fella touched hearts around the world. Run free sweetheart...now a Young Fella once again. We love you precious one....Run with the wind. I am so sorry...words can not express my sorrow. :grouphug:grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.