Old Fella

Guest greytgreymom

I'm so sorry to hear of Old Fella's passing. He was a special boy and has left behind a legacy. My heart broke just to see his name under the remembrance section.

Run free, Old Fella. f_yellow

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest 2deer1cow

My heart broke when I read this....

Bless you and your family for all you have done to make the last years of his life filled with love.

May he be at peace.

Guest maryinmadison

I, too, followed Old Fellas story and my heart breaks with this news. You provided wonderful sunset years for Old Fella and you will meet him again - and as BurpDog said, in the meantime, Magic is showing him the joys of Rainbow Bridge. f_yellow:brokenheart

Guest Ladyluther
To Old Fella-a dog who was beloved by everyone.  He was always in our thoughts from the first day we read his story.  We could see his physical appearance and stature improve.  We read everytime there was a posting about his recovery to his warmth and responding love.

Thank you Cheryl for giving him all he needed in his later years.  He was well loved by you, your family and the greyhound world.

1355646[/snapback]

Irene, I could never have said it better. I will always have such wonderful memories of him.

Bless his good soul

Guest claysmom

Old Fella thanks for touching the hearts of all of us, we know you are running free and young again!!! WE LOVE YOU OLD FELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest claysmom

Old Fella thanks for touching the hearts of all of us, we know you are running free and young again!!! WE LOVE YOU OLD FELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest claysmom

oopS sorry for the double post, it just means you have brought twice as much love and compassion into our hearts, thanks again Old Fella!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Kimlynn

PAtsy- My sister and I have Rita-she's still here and a spry old gal. Maybe I'll start another thread later today or tomorrow and post some picts.

They did get to see each other a few times in the weeks before he passed on. :)

Still missing you, old guy. :cry1

Edited by Kimlynn

Guest greytgreymom

Thanks everyone for the kind words and remembrances of Old Fella. Over the past 18 months or so, he touched so many lives. Along with Scott and I as his caretakers, it was the love and positive energy he received from the Greyhound community as a whole which kept that old guy going.

I turned to Scott last night while we were watching T.V. and said, "you realize, that house is so darn quiet now without Old Fella's woofs." Although we are always surrounded by the gentle breathing, melodious "toots", and sometimes "under the breath" growls of the multitude we have here, it was always Old Fella's throaty woofs that rang true and clear letting everyone know he was still a presence to be dealt with.

What Old Fella gave to me was a renewed appreciation for the Advanced Age Senior Greyhounds. Ones that some people may feel are not worth the time and effort. Ones that may take a bit more time and energy to care for. But ones who give back twice the love you give to them.

I said many times that Old Fella taught me the true resiliency of the Greyhound spirit. After all he had been through, to come into our home and our lives and just be as trusting and loving as he was. It will remain as much an inspiration to me as it will a mystery always.

Still can't think about him without the tears flowing. Miss that old guy so much.

Cheryl

My heart just broke when I saw this thread.

Goodbye, sweet boy. We will all miss you so very much! :angelwings

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

Guest Hattiemae

Cheryl, I'm so sorry to learn of Old Fella's passing. :weep He touched many, many people with his story and his spirit. I'm glad he had you for the last months of his life so he knew what it was like to be loved and cared for. Thank you for sharing him with all of us.

Cheryl, I just read this, I'm so sorry! :cry1

Godspeed Old Fella! :gh_run

Cheryl, I just read this, I'm so sorry! :cry1

Godspeed Old Fella! :gh_run

Ah, the poor guy. But I am so happy for you that you were able to share his love for a year and a half. I'm certain that he was as happy with you, as you were with him.

:grouphug So sorry to hear of your loss! :(

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.