Old Fella

Guest greytgreymom

:wub::( I'm so sorry he didn't have longer with you, but he knows he was loved, not only by his real family, but by everyone on GT!!!

Run swiftly, Old Fella!! You inspired many!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Houndmama

I too am deeply saddened by the passing of such a dear sweet spirit from this earth. I have always followed Old Fella's story, having visited and forwarded the website update pages regularly. I feel as if I have lost one of my own.

Old Fella brought our larger community together in love and compassion as he graced our lives with his presence. He was an angel; of that I have no doubt.

Cheryl, :grouphug ,you and your family were blessed to have been able to love and adore him in his last days. He couldn't have had greater stewards. I am so sorry for the loss and grief that you are surely feeling now. Know that you gave him more love and care in the year and a half that you had him, than he had likely ever had in his prior 13 years on this planet. Also remember that the bonds of love you share with him cannot be broken by space and/or time. He will never leave your sides.

Above all, I am grateful that you were there when he needed you most. Because you were there, he left his body knowing that it was a safe thing to do. Take solace in that fact.

Bless you for sharing his life story with us. Bless us all for opening our hearts to him. We are all greyter for the experience of knowing him.

Fare thee well, sweet Old Fella. May your spirit fly so free as you run with the wind at the Rainbow Bridge. :gh_runner

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest seniorgreymom

f_yellow some Texas roses for our Texas boy's family. You made up for all the cruelty that he had faced and gave the best home he could have had. Y'all are truly wonderful and "surely goodness and love follow you all the days of your life" (Ps 23:6a)

For Old Fella, I know you will have lots of these :dogcookie to nibble on and lots of sweet grass and sunshine while you wait for your heart family to catch up. Run free sweet boy, stretch those legs and show the youngsters how to fly!

:candle:candle:candle:candle:candle

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

I am so very sorry for your loss :(

Old Fella sweet boy, you have touched so many hearts. Now please go and share the joy and love over the rainbow bridge.

You are a VERY SPECIAL soul and your memory will be carried with many of us.

RUN FREE :gh_run:gh_run

Guest hamiesmom

I am so very sorry for your loss. I have followed his story since he was brought to you. I'm so glad that he had this time with you and your family. Godspeed, Old Fella. :f_white

Marion (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)

I know that the short time you had with Old Fella was the best time he had in his life. I wish it had been longer, but evidently God needed him now.

Blessings to you and your family for the wonderful home you provided for him. It was such a privilege to know this grand old man as well as to meet you and your daughter.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

I'm so very sorry that you've had such a sad loss. :grouphugf_yellow

What a striking beauty he was and how blessed he was to find your family to love and to be loved by.

Lucy

Edited by LBass

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Cheryl,

When others didn't do right by Old Fella you did. Old Fella will forever be grateful for you and H.O.T.

You are a true angel in the greyhound world.

Thank you for the compassion and care you gave Old Fella,

Rory

Guest IndyTwister

I am so sorry to hear this... tears welled up before I could finish your message. Run free Old Fella and know your story has touched many hearts....

f_yellow

Guest benson

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thanks for making his last days better than the rest.

Run free Old Fella. Send your mom a kiss on the summer breezes to come.

:weep:angelwings

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

I was so sad to see this. Thank goodness, though, that Old Fella had so many months of good memories to replace the awful ones with. His story has touched so many and I know he will never be forgotten. My condolences to everyone who knew and loved him. :grouphugf_yellow Run free, Old Fella. :gh_run

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest nancer2k

I got a big lump in my throat when I saw this thread. Old Fella has touched so many of us and just knowing that he finally had the happy, loving home he deserved was so comforting.

My deepest sympathies for your loss. f_yellow

Nancy

Cheryl,

I am so sorry for your loss. Old Fella was such a wonderful boy. I will treasure meeting him at Majic's birthday party and feeding him shrimp! :) Along with the several pictures I took of him that day. What a wonderful soul who touched so many in his short time with us.

God speed Old Fella..... :candle

Kelly and the boys

Andy (Full Details), Savage (SanTan SavageTry), Tag (C Ya Tag Heuer), Hamlet (Huntington's Monarch Hamlet),

and Cleopatra (Huntington's Cleopatra)

Never forgotten & Always in my heart, Shawn (Call Me Gone) 02/09/99 - 03/23/06

and Josh (Great Contender*) 01/11/98 - 11/29/07

6be773b747390028badb20f184e30be3.jpg

Guest Pookie

I just saw this and I'm in tears. Run free Old Fella, you were a very special hound to so many people. Many thanks to everyone, especially Cheryl and Scott who made Old Fella's last years so wonderful. Godspeed boy :gh_run

Diane just told me about this thread as I have not seen much of anything over the past 3 days. I am so sorry that he has passed but thankful that he was loved so much after his ordeal. I will read through the rest of the posts later when I can cry in private.

Farewell sweet "Old Fella" your story has touched our hearts in so many ways and we are thankful that we were all made a part of your life. May you find much peace and joy across the Bridge.

The Greyhound Angel Network is honored to carry your name on our senior fund.

With great sadness...and love,

Marina

tn_greyhound002.gif

Willow & Trace

Butch (11/94 - 7/16/08) Hayley (11/96 - 1/13/09) Merlin (11/12/95 - 5/29/09)

GPA - Central New Hampshire