Scully

scullysmum

Firstly, I would like to say thank you to everybody for your kind thoughts and words about Scully, this has meant so much to me. To know that he touched so many peoples lives is so special. I got a funny look from the Vet when I told him that he had to take special care of Scully because he had a huge fan club around the world all rooting for him.

I gave the bear bones of what happened on Wednesday in H & M, but I felt that Scully deserved a little bit more than just that so please bear with me. After 9 1/2 years I have so many memories that it is really hard to know where to start, so I guess the beginning is as good a place as any.

When we first saw Scully he stood out because he was noticeably bigger than his five siblings and as the only black pup in the litter he immediately captured my DH's heart, not wanting to be left out his little stripy bro' then chose me and our adventure began. Despite being brothers my two boys could not have been more different in their personalities, Mulder was a goofy clown and Scully was a little Prince with all the aloofness and superiority of aristocracy. Mulder lived to please me and Scully lived to please himself! When we took them to puppy classes Mulder was teacher's pet but Scully just did everything grudgingly and only if there were plenty of treats on offer! At the end of 10 weeks of classes a fun competition was held to see which pups had improved the most, it came as no surprise when Mulder came first, but guess who made me more proud for coming second? Not such a dunce after all!

Considering how obedient he was in later life it may be hard to believe that for the first few years of his life Scully could best be described as a juvenile delinquent, I even began to think that he didn't like living with us, but not being one who gives up easily I persevered and how could I stay mad at him for long when he shot me a look with those big brown eyes?

Scully was not lucky with his health, but he was a brave little soldier (most of the time). His brother collided with him and broke his hock which, although mended, left him with permanent nerve damage, he was only 2 1/2 years old and he limped for the rest of his life. He wasn't in pain but it was like he had a permanently "dead" leg, a bit like when you whack your funny bone. Mind you, he only limped when he walked, that boy could still run like the wind. He never raced but I am sure that he would have been a winner if he had, I still say he was the fastest thing on four legs that I have ever seen. He would be running in big circles around me with his brother and staying level and then he would just find another gear and leave his bro' eating dust! His Epilepsy was also a terrible shock. To see my boy like that just broke my heart, I was so glad that the medication worked so well for him, but as I know many of you know, you never stop worrying when you have an epileptic pup.

As Scully got older and the little flecks of grey hair started to spread through his shiny black coat his "aristocratic" mask began to drop a little, he could make me laugh so easily. He would start to run and zig-zag wildly from side to side, a bit like when you let go of a balloon and all the air comes out and it whizzes about all over the place. It just used to kill me every time, I am certain that other dog walkers thought I was quite mad because I would just laugh out loud, sometimes with tears rolling down my cheeks.

Scully coped so stoically with the loss of his brother, and soon caught on to the fact that he had me well and truly wrapped round his paw. There was never any chance of me eating the last mouthful of something he liked the look of, and if I was managing to resist I would be drowned in drool! Some would say he was spoilt, I just say he was loved. The last eleven months with him were just so special, he loved his walks so much and when he started playing with balls and the frisbee after having been much too good to play with toys for most of his life I felt so privileged to share his fun with you all.

Having my sweet boys has been the biggest adventure of my life so far, and to know that they are back together is so comforting. I can imagine them both strolling around at the bridge to Thin Lizzy's "The Boys are back in town"!

fc129e475924a5272961b5a86d101739.jpg0ebdb63c35248061580523ac0f07e2c0.jpg

82596387c1b26a1fcf64c1403aa0357f.jpgd6ce0b69fd7ed26e91c591a17954938e.jpg

Edited by scullysmum

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A beautiful and moving tribute to Scully. Thank you for sharing his life with us. We will miss him.

Now I must go and dry my eyes.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Guest GiJenn51

What a wonderful tribute to your baby. We certainly are fans and we'll miss him dearly..

:gh_run:beatheart:sad1

edited cuz I can't spell with wet eyes...

Edited by GiJenn51

Thank you that was beautiful! We are all so very blessed to be given the opportunity to have been chosen as mommy and daddy for this wonderful breed, or should I say guardian?

I enjoyed seeing your sweet Scully's pictures of him on his walks and how will any of us ever forget those wonderful frisbee playing pictures. You could see the true joy in Scully's face :blush You and your dh obviously did something right by Scully. Now it's his turn to watch over the two of you, now that the day will come when you will be reunited.

Have fun sweet Scully at the bridge with your brother and all the other puppers, now you will are limp free and can play with frisbees all day in the sunshine and at night under the stars. God needed another one of his angels back.

:gh_run2:angelwings:gh_run2:grouphugf_yellow:grouphugf_yellow:grouphug

Praying for all the missing greys!

What a heartwarming tribute to such a special boy. He will be missed by so many. :brokenheart Godspeed, Scully... time to don your wings and join the angels. :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest jennilol

I am so sorry about your loss. I too enjoyed your wonderful photographs telling the tales of Scully's adventures and was shocked to see his name in rememberance.

I know how hard it is to lose someone who is such a part of your life so I truly feel for you. Time doesn't make it all go away but does help you heal and hopefully be ready to bring more loving, deserving souls into your life.

Run free Scully!

Guest caiteag

When I read that Scully had gone to the bridge, my mind immediately jumped to this picture of him, that you had posted showing his fuzzy hiney... and somehow, with him looking back over his shoulder... It just seemed oddly like he was saying "I have to go now..." even though I know the pic was probably taken a while ago.

882ed8102acdd3e2a31bd79e39f9e328.jpg

I've only been on GT a short time compared to a lot of you... but Scully touched my heart... Thank you SO much for sharing his life with all of us. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your DH, Scullysmom.

Everytime I hear "The Boys are Back In Town" I'll think of Scully and Mulder having a blast together at the Bridge.

Ok.. got to go find some kleenex now.. thank goodness I can touch type.. I can barely see through my tears.

editted to fix a couple errors

Edited by caiteag

Guest Greymom

I am in tears right now at work. What a beautiful and loving tribute to such a special boy. It's amazing what a mark they make on our lives.

Run free sweet boy, until we meet again. :f_white

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

What a beautiful way to remember your baby. iI loved seeing his pictures.He will be missed by so many. Thank you for sharing him with all of us.. Darn i wasnt going to cry.

Run free have fun with your brother.

:f_red:f_red:bighug

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

I will miss Scully too. The tribute is lovely. You are such a good Mom to your boys.

My Chip is at the rainbow bridge and I know he will be honored to make Scully's acquaintance.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.