Bridge Angels in April 2024

macoduck

Saying goodbye to the beautiful greyhounds and their friends who left us in April 2024. As you run with the wind send a caress to wipe our tears.

Gone but never forgotten. Loved forever. Run free with those who have gone before you. Greet all those that will follow.

Zeke
Jada
Toodles, now joined by Rosie, her kitty sister
Rita, the podenco maneto

They'll always be with us, just slightly beyond the point that we can see with our eyes. In our heart, though, they'll be bright and clear, as they always were.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

David and I adopted Zeke (LK's Zip Zap) in April 2020, after suddenly losing our boy, Sherman, in February. When he arrived at our home, it decided to rain for an entire week, making it a challenge getting him used to our home and schedule. He was NOT a fan of rain. He was, however,  the brightest ray of sunshine and had the biggest and most cheerful personality of any greyhound I have had the pleasure of catering to. When our vet met him, she declared him a joyful dog and not a greyhound LOL.

As is fitting, it has been raining for days. Zeke suddenly developed a mass on his shoulder and we got him in right away and x-rays confirmed our worst fears. Our beloved, ball-chasing, constantly rooing, bundle of endless energy and love, passed in our arms. He was only 6 and we did not even have 4 years with him.

Rest well, our goodest boy, and please let me know that you are once again chasing chuck-it balls and chewing holes in them. This loss is going to take a long, long time to work through. He was robbed of years of experiences and love, but he did squeeze the most out of every day that he was here.  I miss my boy terribly.  Angus has lost his helicopter tail, too.  We will never have another greyhound choir practice here, either.  It has been so quiet without our nightly serenade.  

Cindy 

434769343_7767212333312258_8222219574061

434501944_7767215583311933_3770887997833
  • Sad 4

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Cindy, I think your signature says it as well. My heart goes out to you, David, Angus and yes, Lacifur, on your profound loss. I am just so sorry your goodest boy left way too soon. He knew how much he was loved. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

"The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow"  :brokenheart  Zeke, you were a very good boy.

Indeed it does, Cindy.  :grouphug 

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:weep Godspeed Toodles 

:grouphug

• Sad 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sad and sorry to see Toodles listed here. :cry1 Doolin will continue to aspire to her magnificent ETS.

@GreyPoopon :grouphug 

• Sad 1

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

12 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

I'm so sad and sorry to see Toodles listed here. :cry1 Doolin will continue to aspire to her magnificent ETS.

@GreyPoopon :grouphug 

23 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

:weep Godspeed Toodles 

:grouphug

Thank you both.

Toodles started to slide a few weeks ago and the latter part of last week was increasingly ugly. It was time. :(

• Sad 3

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)