A Very Interesting November Here. Gotcha Days, Birthdays, and a Special Message

Time4ANap

November is one of those months that has a lot of history in our house. I decided to make one post for all instead of multiple posts. 

Tomorrow - 11/24 - Thanksgiving is Rocket's Birthday.  I still miss that boy every day. Don't forget to spoil your hound with some fries in Rocket's honor this weekend or when you get a chance. 

November 5, 2021 was Mark and Diva's Gotcha Day in our house. As you know they arrived as "fosters" on that day after their owner passed away,  and only a few weeks later Diva went to the Bridge due to Valley Fever and Osteo. She was not here nearly long enough.  Diva's Birthday was November 18. She turned 11 that day and started limping. She is also very much missed. Mark has gotten french fries several times this month to celebrate his Gotcha Day. 

Then there was the happening on November 9 this year. I waited to post this, as I'm still not sure which of our hounds was trying to send a message to let us know everything is okay. The conditions for rainbows don't happen often here in Phoenix, so I assume that one of them had to take the opportunity during a rare rain here to send the message below without it happening on a notable date for us. 

fmA2qZW.jpg

gef1t9U.jpg

sBttyZD.jpg

QGrZ3Km.jpg

These rainbows were visible all over the Phoenix area for almost an hour. The colors kept increasing and decreasing on each one. I would not have normally been outside to see this but just happened to take some trash out at that time. One or more of those bridge kids was letting us know that all is well. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

My knuckleheads had fries today and I thought of Rocket. :wub: Happy birthday, sweetie.

Happy Gotcha Day and birthday to Diva at the Bridge. Happy Gotcha Day also to Mark, broodie brother extraordinaire. :confetti 

Those rainbows are incredible. I'd say you had many bridge kids checking in. 

I've just realized that yesterday was Sweep's unofficial Gotcha Day, since we "fostered" her for Thanksgiving 2012 (she never left). I hope they'll all enjoy a feast of turkey and all the trimmings up there—I'm sure Seamie's been cooking all week for his frens. :beatheart 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

We miss Rocket too. Fries are in the ready for tomorrow, Happy Bridge Birthday sweet boy.

Mark and Diva, seems like just yesterday those two arrived and then Diva stayed only long enough for a blink before she got her wings. She will be at the head of the line at the Fries Bar.

That rainbow is just too enormous not to think that possibly all of your hounds had their paws in creating it. No way to miss that sign :beatheart :grouphug

@ramonaghan <I've just realized that yesterday was Sweep's unofficial Gotcha Day, since we "fostered" her for Thanksgiving 2012 (she never left). I hope they'll all enjoy a feast of turkey and all the trimmings up there—I'm sure Seamie's been cooking all week for his frens. :beatheart:food :heart :brokenheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:wub:    

I'll make sure there are fries on the menu this weekend   :chow

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

A double rainbow. These are eye-catching even when you get to see them quite often!

I have the day off work today and have every intention of spoiling The Budster, until he’s had enough and takes himself off to a quiet corner to get away from it all

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

14 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

That rainbow is just too enormous not to think that possibly all of your hounds had their paws in creating it. No way to miss that sign :beatheart :grouphug

This!  What a beautiful and BIG message of love.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.