It's Early, But I Need A Dewey Fix - GRTB 2021 Discussion Thread

Time4ANap

Based on the forecast I guess I am packing my raincoat. That should be insurance that it won't rain! 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

There are 2 vendors at the Atlantic Oceanside in Dewey Beach. Midnight Sun Beading room 102,  has beautiful beaded jewelry for people and dogs also Sterling Silver and 14K gold jewelry. Renee has some awesome antique hound items she is selling from her own collection. Also some Sarah Snavely items . Very much worth going to Dewey to shop. She will be open ; Tue noon to 4 pm.....wed through Sat 9 to 5 pm.... Sun 9 to 2 . Room 102. There is a special gift for those who shop Saturday !!!! Check out her page on Facebook, she has multiple pages of previews of jewelry and her antiques, Snaverly, and much more . Midnight Sun Beading by Renee Kitchen/The Golden Hound Jewelry. 

On 10/1/2021 at 3:38 PM, Time4ANap said:

Based on the forecast I guess I am packing my raincoat. That should be insurance that it won't rain! 

The extended forecast is scaring me.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

2 hours ago, dixidoll said:

There are 2 vendors at the Atlantic Oceanside in Dewey Beach. Midnight Sun Beading room 102,  has beautiful beaded jewelry for people and dogs also Sterling Silver and 14K gold jewelry. Renee has some awesome antique hound items she is selling from her own collection. Also some Sarah Snavely items . Very much worth going to Dewey to shop. She will be open ; Tue noon to 4 pm.....wed through Sat 9 to 5 pm.... Sun 9 to 2 . Room 102. There is a special gift for those who shop Saturday !!!! Check out her page on Facebook, she has multiple pages of previews of jewelry and her antiques, Snaverly, and much more . Midnight Sun Beading by Renee Kitchen/The Golden Hound Jewelry. 

Ann of Cassie’s Casuals will be vending from her room at the Atlantic Oceanside as well. Room 107… Thursday through Saturday 9-5. 

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

2 hours ago, Houndtime said:

The extended forecast is scaring me.

I’m hoping it changes between now and then. 

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

Just looked and now I’m not seeing rain really till maybe Saturday! 
:yay

Bonfires?

There is usually a Dewey Gathering Message Board (the other greyhound group) on Facebook.  People post early morning beach walks, bonfires at night, vendors, etc.  There is no group this year.  I didn't see that someone attempted an April get together that didn't happen.  Anyone know anything?

Time4aNap, how will we know you when we see you? :)

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Elizabeth, Aimee Finley hosted the bonfire you and I went to. She posted this on FB yesterday: "unsure about the bonfire. We wanted to do that Saturday night, but right now the weather forecast for Saturday is not looking great. "

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

5 hours ago, Mercsmom said:

Bonfires?

There is usually a Dewey Gathering Message Board (the other greyhound group) on Facebook.  People post early morning beach walks, bonfires at night, vendors, etc.  There is no group this year.  I didn't see that someone attempted an April get together that didn't happen.  Anyone know anything?

Time4aNap, how will we know you when we see you? :)

Spring Dewey usually happens every April but probably got derailed the last few times due to COVID. 

@Mercsmom I am staying near the Rehoboth Convention Center so am popping in and out of the event. I will PM my contact info to you. You can also ask Irene (Gt'er Houndtime) if I happen to be there when you are.  She is vending in the far right back corner of the Convention Center. I need to meet the Merc Man!

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Well we came, we shopped, we pooped on the beach!

It was a wonderful time for us… in 10 years of having greyhounds it was the first time we were actually able to make it!

The girls did wonderful on their first road and overnight trip. 

It was a challenge finding suitable grass for Carmen to want to go on, and Amelia seemed to love pooping in the sand… we got her on the beach and she’d poop within 2 minutes! 
I walked the 2 miles from Rehoboth to Dewey to visit both vendors and they did not disappoint! Came home with some beautiful items. 
Finally got a decal for the truck from a vendor in the firehouse as well. 
Overall great time and the weather was beautiful! I hope the rain holds off for anyone going down today. 

Can’t wait till next year!

We managed to catch up with several other GT folks but did not manage to meet everyone we intended to.  Hopefully we get to see everyone again next year!  I am not ready for this year's event to be over. 

5 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

We managed to catch up with several other GT folks but did not manage to meet everyone we intended to.  Hopefully we get to see everyone again next year!  I am not ready for this year's event to be over. 

It was so nice to see you and Chris again this year.  For us, the event was very nice.  As a vendor, I don't get to participate very much with the other event activities, but heard that the boat ride was very nice.  I hope the walking tours were fun as well.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

On 10/11/2021 at 9:46 PM, Houndtime said:

It was so nice to see you and Chris again this year.  For us, the event was very nice.  As a vendor, I don't get to participate very much with the other event activities, but heard that the boat ride was very nice.  I hope the walking tours were fun as well.

It was great to see you again Irene, and awesome to see Len doing so well. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Hopefully we can get back to the beach before the next GRTB. 

Now for the really good news from Dewey - My bottle of limited availability Mellowdious Gin from Dogfish Head Distillery survived the trip home in my suitcase! :lol

DW and I made a two week trip out of going to Dewey and then spending some additional time at Mom's house near Baltimore and catching up with people we haven't seen in a few years. The flight home last night was delayed so it was a really long day,  and somehow we had to buy an additional suitcase at Goodwill to bring home all of the stuff purchased at Dewey. Wait - we don't have any hounds at the moment - what did we need? :rofl

Edited by Time4ANap
missing a word - not enough coffee in system

Somehow both our hound events happened this year.

Looking forward to doing more next year!
Maybe we will make it to Grape Hounds!

• 3 months later...

A friend who stays at the Atlantic Oceanside got a notice that all will be the same for the greyhound people at the AO. New owners are honoring reservations and rates. In future it will be run together ( somehow ) with the Beach House management. The corp that bought the Beach House ,bought the Atlantic Oceanside. When they open for the season I suggest calling to confirm.