SlumberBall Alternative? For you and your dog

I have no personal experience with this but am sharing because I think it's neat. Wicked expensive but there is a 20% off coupon for first-time shoppers and there are currently some items on sale. CordaRoy's Convertible Bean Bag looks like a slumber ball alternative for you and your dog!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

When my efforts to sew a slumber ball for my dogs turned into a frustrating "cuss-fest", I bought a CordaRoy's dog bed.  CordaRoy's Dog Bed  I got the 40" round bed.  They are expensive but wonderful--perhaps a genuine "lifetime" bed.  The cover is very heavy, sturdy, upholstery denim and washes nicely.  The stuffing is good quality chipped foam.  The company will send additional foam free of charge if the bed arrives and isn't a fluffy as you'd like.   I was impressed enough with the first bed that I bought as second when I added another hound to the family.  Both dogs dig and nest vigorously and these beds have held up splendidly.  They're very sturdy and well made, though clearly not as much fun as the bed-in-chair that Jan posted above.  

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

5 hours ago, LBass said:

When my efforts to sew a slumber ball for my dogs turned into a frustrating "cuss-fest",

:rotfl  Lucy, I'm shocked... shocked I say ;)

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

8 hours ago, LBass said:

When my efforts to sew a slumber ball for my dogs turned into a frustrating "cuss-fest", I bought a CordaRoy's dog bed.  CordaRoy's Dog Bed  I got the 40" round bed.  They are expensive but wonderful--perhaps a genuine "lifetime" bed.  The cover is very heavy, sturdy, upholstery denim and washes nicely.  The stuffing is good quality chipped foam.  The company will send additional foam free of charge if the bed arrives and isn't a fluffy as you'd like.   I was impressed enough with the first bed that I bought as second when I added another hound to the family.  Both dogs dig and nest vigorously and these beds have held up splendidly.  They're very sturdy and well made, though clearly not as much fun as the bed-in-chair that Jan posted above.  

Lucy :lol

Srsly, did your pups get in/out of the bed easily? I worry about the seniors having trouble navigating filling such as chipped foam, anything too tall, too wobbly, etc. TIA

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

3 hours ago, MarcR said:

:rotfl  Lucy, I'm shocked... shocked I say ;)

You should have seen me trying to reconstruct a futon which had apparently spontaneously exploded (at least that's what Merc said).

23319054_10155894049448910_1135402544672386590_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=lGS87SMj_hoAQky3gPPYI5q6PNhGjOVVY2w7xdnRSh_2R3md9hZ_9Duog&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=1c32421887ba9d317002550669e61685&oe=5EA16E02

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

:blush  It was really a stinking project--a complete, embarrassing series of failures.  I'm not as polite and careful as I used to be. :lol:

Jan, Spirit is 13 and getting noticeably wobbly and frail but he manages these beds with no trouble at all. The beds do smush down somewhat and develop a dog-shaped divot area, though the beds are both well over a year old and are still nice and fully stuffed.  Also, the cover and liner have sturdy zippers and it is easy to adjust the amount of filling to get them to be a bit more giving and thinner.  One of mine arrived looking like the website's photos--very stuffed and full.  The other arrived much flatter. I did add more stuffing to that one, but it's not a full as the other bed. Nate and Spirit don't really seem to care which bed they end up snoozing in, so removing a bit of stuffing doesn't seem to reduce the comfort.

Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

20 hours ago, Mercsmom said:

You should have seen me trying to reconstruct a futon which had apparently spontaneously exploded (at least that's what Merc said).

23319054_10155894049448910_1135402544672386590_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=lGS87SMj_hoAQky3gPPYI5q6PNhGjOVVY2w7xdnRSh_2R3md9hZ_9Duog&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=1c32421887ba9d317002550669e61685&oe=5EA16E02

Wow.  Glad Merc wasn't hit by any of that shrapnel ;)

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I think my Amelia would attack and rip that thing up.

I tried a fluffy style bed and she attacked it and acted like it was a big toy!

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a picture of the Cordaroy bed in use by a real live hound.  This is the bed that came plusher to start with.

Image may contain: dog

I got Sweep a new Cordaroy insert for her slumberball cover (her ortho slumberball is still doing great, but the cheapo* slumberball was pretty flat), and it's awesome! No issues for her 10-year-old self getting in or out. It's a cheaper option if you have an existing cover that more or less fits and just need new "guts." They're still offering 20% off too. Thanks for the post, Miss Jan! :bow 

* Can't remember its real name. :lol Not the original and not the ortho. Has a sherpa cover and the stuffing is just loose polyfill which made washing the cover a pain. No more!

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

• 1 month later...

Saw this ad in the back of last year's Farmer's Almanac: slipcovershop.com 

It looks like they can make a cover for your bed, any size or style. I tried pricing out a new zippered cover for the x-large Foster & Smith round slumberball, I got about $110 for what looks to be a synthetic suede, I don't think it's real suede for that price. Lots of measuring to do, but it seems that they'll work with you to get the cover just right. I suppose you could slip it over the existing bed whole hog, or get a cover and stuff it up how you want. 

Edited by palmettobug

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg