Happy Birthday, Jenny!

LaFlaca

Today is my Jenny-Roo's 2nd birthday! Happy birthday my silly girl! You are so loved.  :balloonparty:confetti

large.Jenny.JPG.9f1844d5558b62aa9b640ac4c228b246.JPG

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Happy Birthday Jenny!

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

49 minutes ago, MerseyGrey said:

Happy birthday Jenny! Since it’s already ‘Spoil your hound day’ does she get a double helping of being spoilt?

Absotively!  Fresh liver along with her kibble for dinner and a ginormous bully stick for desert. We’re off to the park for walkies in a bit, too. 

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

For a two yo, I’m guessing pics like that are a rarity :lol

Happy Birthday Jenny! :b-day 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

49 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

For a two yo, I’m guessing pics like that are a rarity :lol

Happy Birthday Jenny! :b-day 

Actually, this is her most common condition. I’ve yet to get any good, upright, awake photos. 

• 4 months later...

Oh, my goodness! They’re almost identical! How long have you had Emma? I’ve had Jenny almost a year. She was a bit of a challenge to potty train and had separation anxiety but all’s well now. Jenny’s a world class whiner. How about Emma? 

Welcome home Emma! 

Emma adopted us this past Friday.

We picked her up from her foster family around noon.  She was very nervous.  But she loved squeaky toys.  That first day she played with toys a lot!  We "dry cleaned" her and just tried our best to let her explore and settle.  And yes, she cannot stand to be out of sight of us.   We have done some mild separation training with her. Leaving her alone for 15 mins and coming back.  Her stomach is upset and that first night she peed on the floor by the front door and then soft pooped in the same spot a while later.  We had fed her her first dinner of premium kibble and a chew treat.  But I guess she is nervous and with the new food she just could not hold it and we did not get her cue that she needed out.  Last night was night two.  She held up well and used her large bed in our bedroom!  Funny tho, this is her third day with us...she shows little interest in her toys now.  Today will be slight traumatic for her:  I have given her a half hour in her large crate....padded floor and all.  She complained a lot, but was expected.  Soon we will leave her crated and leave for about 20 minutes.  Then some walk, play and time with us.  Then we will leave her crated and go shopping for an hour.  Then some walk and time with us.  Then she gets a car ride to the pet store.  ....Lucky I am not working till tomorrow and my wife will spend time with her while I am at work.  Yes...she is very clingy and has separation anxiety...we are not pros...not sure if she is more anxious than any other retired racer...but for sure...we will never give up on her.

I looked up Emma...she won a few races but I am not sure if I would call her a world class racer....she had her time...and I will try my best to find her opportunities to run like the wind....but we just want her to be at home...and get the kindness she deserves.

I did look up Jenny and her race history is not posted.  But her tatoo number is the same as our Emma...just the end letter is different.   

I am glad Emma did what she was bred to do...but I am happier to give her a home with kindness....and I am glad you took in her sister!   This industry(dog tracks) generates too many animals that end up discarded like used tires...I don't like it.  But it's good to know people like you have kind hearts.

Anyway...keep in touch!  We are in North Port BTW.

It will take awhile for things to settle down. Give Emma her space. Let her set the pace.  You’ll be amazed at how much they bloom and blossom with time and patience. 

Soft poop might indicate hookworms.  Get a fecal done ASAP.

Jenny is my third Greyhound.  I am addicted to this breed. 

Enjoy your girl! 

Happy birthday Jenny!  :blowcandle  Emma, too!  What a great birthday present, to find your sister!

Edited by Jerilyn
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

HI! 

Yes! Next birthday we can celebrate together knowing that her sister is in a safe and loving home also!  The lady that handled our adoption may have more of her siblings! Unsure..thought she said she did.  

Hookworms:  Well we have information from the adoption group we got Emma from.  They gave her a going over and she has had some medication for hookworms among her other shots.  We have two tubes of meds for her.  I was told by Janet(the nice lady that is assisting us as we transition) that she will visit us soon with further instructions on finishing her treatment.  

As soon as this Corvid  -19 drama is under control, I will for sure go see the Vet that did the initial treatment and have her assessed and seek guidance on a few things I am wondering about.

We seem to be progressing...it's painful to have to put her in a crate as part of getting her past the anxiety bit...but I know it's for the long term happiness of my pretty Emma.

Such a wonderful creature...seeks only sincere kindness and wants nothing but to offer affection......and run....but she will only run for pleasure from now on!

It’s so nice to know where the siblings are. I wonder if they, too, are black, bony girls?

Jenny’s nose curves to the left. Does Emma’s curve as well? It doesn’t seem so in the foto. 

Nope...not curvy. Perfectly lovely needle nose.

A pointy needle nose that is irresistibly cold in the mornings! 

Here, to appease your curiosity, is a picture of the third sibling...Smoochie Face...thanks to Janet who helped us with Emma and is now fostering Smoochie!

unnamed.jpg

Edited by RandalSan

Awww...Smoochie seems to be settling in nicely. 
Thank you for sharing these photos and updates. 

BTW Jenny has the coldest, drippiest nose of any Grey I have owned and she knows how to use it to get your attention!

Yes, I kept the name Jenny. JRo is one of her many nick names - JennyRoo, JenJen, RooRoo. 

😊