Greyhound-Data

dmdsmoxie

Just a reminder that I, and a few others on G-D, can edit your pups G-D page. There is now a field for adopted owner and pet name. There is also a bereavement section where we can add the date of death and a couple of sentences if you wish.

Plus, up to three pictures can be posted on the G-D forum and if you want pictures posted just add them to this thread. G-D added a watermark to the pictures because pictures were being taken from G-D without the owners or G-D's permission. You still own your pictures, but G-D will go after people that steal pictures from their site.

Post whatever information you want added to this thread and I or someone will add it.

Dick

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbs-up

You're the best!

This one? LOL

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1867598

Thanks. Once G-D stopped most from being able to edit there are a lot of people that would like things added to their dogs profile, but can't do it. A number of people tried for a few years to get different fields added to accommodate the adoption people. The original owners sold G-D to the current owners and there were more pressing needs that had to be taken care of first.

It doesn't tale long to add something so it really isn't a big deal.

Dick, could you add my Mazy's date of death please? CBR Crazy Girl died 1/1/19. NC State vet hospital was unable to diagnose what was wrong with her.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Dick! That grey's Dam is Johnny's aunt! :bounce8

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Youre The Best has 126 races listed. Can you tell us anything about him? :lol

Srsly Dick, thanks so much for all your help. You *are* the best.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I have belonged to GD since the early 2000s. When our group was in business, I posted every dog that we adopted along with photos of each dog. I check this every once in awhile and update when a dog dies. I discovered that another group took three of our dogs and posted them on their account as adopted and changed the adoption dates. I didn't know that this could be done. When I check on each dog, it still says that our group adopted them but the date is wrong and those photos still show up on their account. Maybe that needs to be checked into as one group should not be able to edit or change info on another group's page.

I joined GD when we got Nixon in 2010. I joined under the email addres that I had back then which has not been in use for about 5 years.

I'd like to update my account to my current email address ... is there an option to edit my account?

p.s. You're The Best is a beauty :)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I have belonged to GD since the early 2000s. When our group was in business, I posted every dog that we adopted along with photos of each dog. I check this every once in awhile and update when a dog dies. I discovered that another group took three of our dogs and posted them on their account as adopted and changed the adoption dates. I didn't know that this could be done. When I check on each dog, it still says that our group adopted them but the date is wrong and those photos still show up on their account. Maybe that needs to be checked into as one group should not be able to edit or change info on another group's page.

If you want to post or PM me the name of the dogs I will check into it and let the owners know what happened.

I joined GD when we got Nixon in 2010. I joined under the email addres that I had back then which has not been in use for about 5 years.

I'd like to update my account to my current email address ... is there an option to edit my account?

p.s. You're The Best is a beauty :)

I would contact G-D by emailing them at team@greyhound-data.com and give them all your information and what you want changed. Sometimes they are slow to do things and other times they act rather quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Just some FYI about G-D.

As of yesterday these were the stats for dogs and races entered into G-D. These are worldwide stats, and not any one country, and more are added every day.

At the moment there are 2,270,343 dogs and 4,354,609 races in the database,

Yesterday there were 253 dogs added and today 245.

Dick, what can you find on our new senior girl, UMR Cordella? She's 9 1/2.

Txsbbtc, I have added Davis' name to the list of Bridge Angels for February over in the Remembrance forum.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Dick, what can you find on our new senior girl, UMR Cordella? She's 9 1/2.

Txsbbtc, I have added Davis' name to the list of Bridge Angels for February over in the Remembrance forum.

There isn't much info on your pup. She shows 20 races all at Tri-State.The first race that shows in July 4, 2011 and the next one is in Sept. 2011. That is a big gap and while it's possible she was hurt it is just as possible that there are missing races since this is 2011 and people were still putting in some tracks by hand.

For the races that show she had very little early speed usually being 7th or 8th out of the box and usually 7th or 8th to the turn. She could close a little, but with a record of 20-0-1-2-3 not much. Whether she went to a lower end track that wasn't reporting to G-D after her last race that shows on Jan 1, 2012 or was adopted out I don't know.

Dick

Sorry for your loss.

Done and I added Davis as his pet name. If you would like me to add your name as adopted owner I can.

Dick

Yes. Please add C. E. Morris as adopted owner. Thank you.

AMF All for One "Allie" (1/15/2010 - 3/25/22)

Color Print "Davis" (1/29/2009 - 2/24/19)

Craigie Skynyrd "Zipper" 

Dick, could you please update my boy's info? His name was Ucme Bubbasparks but we called him Joey. He died on 12/6/18. He was adopted by us: Jeff & Patty Erdman. If possible, I would love his photo to be added. Thank you so much!

36764636_10211921027052338_5495677059168

Edited by PattyE

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Thank you so much, Dick! I have been wanting to have his information updated but I just couldn't bring myself to do it until today. Yes, I would like to add two more pictures.

45116629_10212614346784898_8693576572373

23795208_10210396814387974_8067947267366

Again, thank you so much for doing this. It really means a lot to me.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Thank you so much, Dick! I have been wanting to have his information updated but I just couldn't bring myself to do it until today. Yes, I would like to add two more pictures.

45116629_10212614346784898_8693576572373

23795208_10210396814387974_8067947267366

Again, thank you so much for doing this. It really means a lot to me.

Done and you are more than welcome

• 2 weeks later...

I can't tell you how unhappy G-D's policy makes me. There has to be another way to control this than making people pay for the right to edit their dogs' pages. Today has been bad enough without this ... grasping bureaucractic twaddle.

I can enter anything you want. When anyone could enter information you have no idea how much time was spent trying to correct either misinformation or anti-racing stuff.

G-D put in a comment section for bereavement so a few sentences can be added by a G-D team member for the adopted owner, they put in a field for pet name and adopted owners name and three pictures can be added.

It only takes me a few minutes to enter whatever information you want added and I'm happy to do it.

People changed the owner of the iconic sire Kiowa Sweet Trey's dam, they changed the land of standing for Djays Octane and so much more. We still find things that were changed that never should have been.

Dick