Greyhound-Data

dmdsmoxie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, dmdsmoxie said:

He did run 102, but only two after he came back from the one month break in his lines.

He was a really good racer with a lot of early speed and once he got out he was hard to catch.

Gotcha....got a winner! Maybe.  :blush

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

• 1 month later...

Question:

We just adopted a 19 month old sister to our puppy we lost in June.  They are full sibs and littermates.  Our puppy, Atom was never registered, even though he was tattooed, since he came to us at 12 weeks old.  His sister, Andi, did some preliminary training at her farm with the other siblings, but hurt herself and was held back when the rest went to finishing in Florida.  The owners are getting out of the business now due to the Florida situation, and she was the last one on the farm, so they said we could adopt her.

Anyway - they haven't sent in her registration paperwork to NGA (and I can't - yet - find any of the rest of her litter).  Is it possible to add her to GD even though she isn't officially registered? 

(I may have asked a similar question about Atom last year!  :rolleyes:  But I'm thinking about doing some sporting events with her - straight line racing and maybe lure coursing depending on how she does - so I need some sort of ownership papers to get her signed up with the AKC for that.)  I am in touch with her former owners/breeders as well, so I'm trying to figure out what to do!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2019 at 9:27 PM, greysmom said:

Question:

We just adopted a 19 month old sister to our puppy we lost in June.  They are full sibs and littermates.  Our puppy, Atom was never registered, even though he was tattooed, since he came to us at 12 weeks old.  His sister, Andi, did some preliminary training at her farm with the other siblings, but hurt herself and was held back when the rest went to finishing in Florida.  The owners are getting out of the business now due to the Florida situation, and she was the last one on the farm, so they said we could adopt her.

Anyway - they haven't sent in her registration paperwork to NGA (and I can't - yet - find any of the rest of her litter).  Is it possible to add her to GD even though she isn't officially registered? 

(I may have asked a similar question about Atom last year!  :rolleyes:  But I'm thinking about doing some sporting events with her - straight line racing and maybe lure coursing depending on how she does - so I need some sort of ownership papers to get her signed up with the AKC for that.)  I am in touch with her former owners/breeders as well, so I'm trying to figure out what to do!

Chris,

It looks like I never answered this as sometimes I don't look down the line far enough and posts like this I neglect to answer. While not that many years ago G-D frowned on entering unregistered dogs they have changed a little because they are now trying to show all the "dead" dogs that don't show up are really not dead.

If you give me all the information you have I'll see what I can do to enter the dog. I'll ask to make sure it's okay.

I never just ignore a post so if anyone asks a question if I didn't answer ask again as I've just missed the post.

Dick

Thanks Dick!  I wasn't that worried.  I have submitted her Bertillon and pet transfer papers, but it hasn't come through the official channels yet (getting the previous owner signatures, etc).   We're going to try some LGRA straight line racing, and need to have her registered, but not til next Spring.  There is one brother on GD - Braska Petey - listed under their dam's offspring, though the rest of the litter hasn't made it yet (finishing training currently).

name:  Braska Pandora

color: red fawn

sex: f

weight: 58 lbs

tattoos:  71914 - 28B

By: Soprano Drive

OO: Braska Maybeline  

DOB: Feb 27, 2018

Owner:  Bill or Jill Elliot

Let me know if you need anything else or have trouble.  Her papers will come through eventually.  :rolleyes: 

Thanks!

Chris ;) 

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Chris,

So she has a registered name with the NGA of Braska Pandora so this will be easy.  I thought she didn't have a racing name.  If you give me her pet name I can enter that also.

As you know I can also enter pictures of her so if you have some now or in the future just post them on this thread and I'll put them on G-D.

Dick, thanks for doing this.  I no longer have update capability.  Could you update Nadia's record to:

Change 'Racing owner' to W. H. O'Donnell

Add 'Breeder'  W. H. O'Donnell

Her pedigree:  http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=337272

One nice touch is G-D has created a web site for every registered dog.  You can post additional pictures, videos and more

Thanks again.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

1 hour ago, MarcR said:

Dick, thanks for doing this.  I no longer have update capability.  Could you update Nadia's record to:

Change 'Racing owner' to W. H. O'Donnell

Add 'Breeder'  W. H. O'Donnell

Her pedigree:  http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=337272

One nice touch is G-D has created a web site for every registered dog.  You can post additional pictures, videos and more

Thanks again.

Marc,

Done. Yes, the owners of G-D have done a good job updating everything.

Dick

2 hours ago, greysmom said:

Thanks Dick!  I wasn't that worried.  I have submitted her Bertillon and pet transfer papers, but it hasn't come through the official channels yet (getting the previous owner signatures, etc).   We're going to try some LGRA straight line racing, and need to have her registered, but not til next Spring.  There is one brother on GD - Braska Petey - listed under their dam's offspring, though the rest of the litter hasn't made it yet (finishing training currently).

name:  Braska Pandora

color: red fawn

sex: f

weight: 58 lbs

tattoos:  71914 - 28B

By: Soprano Drive

OO: Braska Maybeline  

DOB: Feb 27, 2018

Owner:  Bill or Jill Elliot

Let me know if you need anything else or have trouble.  Her papers will come through eventually.  :rolleyes: 

Thanks!

Chris ;) 

Done. If there is anything else let me know.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/db.php?i=2398689&time=1573360380

WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Thanks Dick!!!

Her call name is "Andi"

48696924241_0c0cb76d41_c.jpg20190907_210351 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

That picture turned out big - let me know if you need a smaller one!  :yay  

Edited by greysmom

• 4 months later...

Just a reminder that I, and a few others on GT, can edit your pups G-D page. There is now a field for adopted owner and pet name. There is also a bereavement section where we can add the date of death and a couple of sentences if you wish.

Plus, up to three pictures can be posted on the G-D forum and if you want pictures posted just add them to this thread. G-D added a watermark to the pictures because pictures were being taken from G-D without the owners or G-D's permission. You still own your pictures, but G-D will go after people that steal pictures from their site.

Post whatever information you want added to this thread and I or someone will add it.

Dick