Does anyone of you have experiences with msm (methylsulfonylmethan) in greyhounds?

I want to try it on my boy Andy who has mobility problems due to his back end and hips (doc says old age and many races in his youth catching up with him).

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

The Greyhound Gang endorses and sells MSM. Be sure to read about all their supplements.

http://www.greyhoundgang.org/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Costco carries their Kirkland brand of Glucosamine/MSM with 1500mg of each component per scorable tablet. I've been giving them twice a day to the campers for years. A bottle of 375 tablets is ~$14-16.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I've used Greyhound Gang's MSM, glucosamine, chondroitin and vitamin C combo for 10 years and Wendy only recently at age 11.5 has started to show a bit of arthritis in an elbow. Did the supplements help? Who knows, but they certainly did not hurt and Wendy's vet is all for them.

http://www.greyhoundgang.org/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

i buy powdered MSM in bulk either at the vitamin shoppe or amazon, the same with powdered glucosamine. the chondroitin can be found this way as well. it's around 1500mg of each. i found it did nothing for the dogs so, i've been taking the MSM and it does help my arthritis.

I got mine from a german company - because I live here but it's originally for horses. (A horse is on the package). But I don't think that makes a difference (hopefully).

I literally live in a horse town - means everything is about horses here. It is a small town but it has the stables where all our olympic horses live and train, famous for breeding - horses like Halla or Totilas were from here.

You can buy everything healthy for pets... but they are mostly for horses.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

I also gave my horse MSM. How lucky you are to live where you do, surrounded by equines!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Bowi and I both take the one Fiverooooos mentioned. Make sure you know where it is and from. Nothing from China!

check out the origin of the products from get up and go. i remember communicating with the owner and it does come from china.

now, i can't remember if it's the glucosamine sulfate or hydrochloride that one should use.....duh

the best barometer of all is how YOUR dog responds to the combo!

then again there are always products like this http://www.dasuquin.com/en/dasuquin-soft-chews-w-msm/

Edited by cleptogrey

MSM is a very popular, inexpensive supplement that many people feed their horses.

Watch your source..and there are different potencies as well.

It has been known to cause behavioural issues..spookiness..in some horses.

As well, it is now on the list of supplements that are banned for use if you are showing your horse.

All of that however has nothing to do with dogs ;) but does indicate to me that it must do 'something' to relieve pain, otherwise it would not be banned.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a pack of it and we started to take it. We - as in all my boys and I.

I feel better and have more energy, also losing weight. And there is less pain in my joints. I can get up in the morning without feeling like 100 years old. 😉

It also seems to help Andy and Colin with their mobility. And they developed a coat like velvet.

I guess it was a good idea... but it tastes aweful... 😉