Guest Boddekker

Guest Boddekker

Just a note to say thanks for the great advice I found in here. It's been about six weeks since we brought home our Roman nosed, snaggle-toothed second grey, Atascocita Vain - rechristened Ivan by moving some letters around - and have had some issues that started at the adoption agency, namely him wetting his kennel. Tiring quickly of getting up between 3 - 4 am, I checked here for others with similar issues and found something so simple it was stunning.

"Maybe he's tired of being in his kennel."

Neither of our greys like to be kenneled when necessary, so my DW and I took the plunge, taught him to climb the stairs (with Dexy we waited until she was ready) and set up a dog bed near our bedroom. Presto! He slept in until just minutes before my alarm went off at 7.

So thanks again. Glad you folks are here. Hope to be able to contribute something worthwhile in the future.

35484626835_d2c69b25c4.jpg

Aww, what a cutie! :wub: For sure, there are some that love their crate, and some that hate it, and some that only get in one to go for a ride (mine!). Whatever works best for you and your hound.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Gorgeous pup!

Glad you were able to work things out :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I never crate. My itsy bitsy house is much to small for 3 big fat crates. No grey ever complaint - no my own, not the guests, not the fosters.

Congrats. Your boy is adorable.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Guest goofydog2

I loves me some Roman nosed, snaggle tooth hounds! Ivan is quote the handsome lad. Congrats to you both and please share more pics.

He is booo-ti-ful. Love Roman noses and the tooth is the frosting on the cake. My girl hated her crate. She used it, at my insistence, for 2-3 days after adoption and then I got the hint. The crate was retired to the attic.

:thumbs-up

And please give that ever-so-handsome face a big :kiss2

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

He is handsome! None of my 3 have ever used a crate.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

• 2 weeks later...

The GT community is much smaller than it was years ago when I found it as a new adopter. I learned SO MUCH from GT. They helped me time and again when I was baffled. People who'd been there - done that - offered solid advice and got me through things that were a "crisis" to me, but "just normal" to them. I'm glad we still do that. And, as you learn and grow, I hope you'll offer advice based on YOUR experience.