Heyo!

Nova

Hi! I've been a long time lurker here since I got my grey, Dory, a year ago come June, and thought that it would be nice to finally join and meet some fellow greyhound lovers.

This site has been helpful in the past - Dory was only two when I got her, three come July, and she had a lot (and I mean a lot) of issues, some of which she still has to this day. It's been a hard, rough journey with her and even now we still have a disconnect but she's a sweet, stubborn little thing and I love her to death. Her favorite toys are the ones that squeak and the ones that don't belong to her. She has a bad habit of finding new and creative ways to hurt herself, the newest being a completely ripped off toenail, and she can't decide if she prefers sleeping on her bed on the floor or with me. I refer to her with a number of silly nicknames such as Dork, Dorky, Doofus, Hodor, and many variations thereof. She is also the least greyhound to ever greyhound. Her eyeliner is also much better than mine.

img_20170215_094623_004_by_kikihotweels-img_20170409_214358_411_by_kikihotweels-

Here are some pictures of us, mainly her!!

I'm a new greyhound owner, and also a new dog owner. I mean, I've grown up with dogs, but never really owned my own, and Dory is my first. I'm still learning new things and trying to figure out what works best for the both of us, and I'm really excited to to get some first hand advice from more experienced folks!

I'm not quite sure what else to say, but hello! Please take care of us :heart

Welcome from Germany. Your girl is adorable and you two look greyt together.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Welcome to you and Dory. Don't worry about the issues and stubbornness. She's young -- she'll start to mellow in three or four years :)

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!! Dory is a good little dork, currently trying to figure out how to lay down on the couch with all the guests currently in the house (the cat likes to steal her crate).

• 4 weeks later...

She is also the least greyhound to ever greyhoun​d

hahahaha - love this!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge