Hello From Kentucky!

Guest ppeyton1229

Guest ppeyton1229

I am new to this group. I currently live in Lexington, KY. I got my first greyhound, Samantha (Doe's Sam I Am), almost 6 years ago. She will be 10 in May. At the time I got Samantha I already had 3 little dogs rescued from shelters (Oscar--a Brussels Griffon mix; Boo--a chihuahua/papillon mix; and Olivia--a long haired chihuahua). After I adopted Samantha, I started fostering greyhounds. I "failed" with foster #11, Fancy (de Fancy). She was a retired brood and was 11 when I got her to foster. We bonded immediately. Unfortunately, I lost her to osteosarcoma at age 12 years, 8 months. I continued to foster. I also adopted another retired brood, Penny (Prairies Eagle). She had a broken hock that was left untreated, so she is very lame. I also adopted a former foster who got returned from 3 homes through very unfortunate incidents. Sloppy Joe (T's Sloppy Joe) was apparently always supposed to be with me, it just took me a while to figure it out! I am not currently fostering because Penny is so lame that she could easily get knocked off of her feet. I have had 30 fosters in the last 5 1/2 years and they are all in wonderful homes.

I do have a question for the wonderful people in this group. Does anyone know if there is an adoption group in the Savannah, GA,, area? There is a slight possibility that I may be relocating to that area in the next year and I would LOVE to continue to volunteer with another group. I have fostered, transported, done MANY meet and greets, done home visits, etc. I would really like to stay involved.

Thanks so much,

Pam

Hello and welcome from TN! I know there's at least one member here in Savannah, username Walliered. I'll PM her so she sees your message.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

:welcome2 Savannah is not too terribly far from us here in SC! Of course, we do have :rules:digicam:digicam Please!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Welcome! The only group I know in Georgia is SEGA.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome from Germany.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Hi there! Recognized you from FB as Sloppy Joe's mom! Welcome to GT! BTW I lived in GA for many years. It is God's country. I am sure you wont have any problem finding a wonderful greyhound group if you have to move there.

I do have a question for the wonderful people in this group. Does anyone know if there is an adoption group in the Savannah, GA,, area? There is a slight possibility that I may be relocating to that area in the next year and I would LOVE to continue to volunteer with another group. I have fostered, transported, done MANY meet and greets, done home visits, etc. I would really like to stay involved.

Thanks so much,

Pam

I volunteer with the Charleston (SC) chapter of Greyhound Pets of America. We have folks down in the Bluffton/Hilton Head area that sometimes do meet & greets in Pooler, GA.

Cricket

Cricket, mom to Mulligan (Kycera) and Xena (Kebo Tina Turner )

Cricket, I would love to be put on the Bluffton/Hilton Head contact list. I believe the one that was in Savannah years ago dissolved (but I am not really sure about this) Thanks, Nan

Nan,

Go to the GPA-CHS website and hit the CONTACT US link at the top of the page. You can either fill out the form or use the email address there.

http://www.adoptcharlestongreys.org/

Cricket

Cricket, mom to Mulligan (Kycera) and Xena (Kebo Tina Turner )

• 2 weeks later...