Sarebra Spirit (Or The Little Hound That Couldn't!)

Guest Vermin

Hi all

This is Belle (or Tinkerbelle, as she was called in the kennels :puke ) a two-year-old little lady. Her "racing" name was Sarebra Spirit, but she didn't ever make it as far as a race. The lure of a sofa and plenty of cushions was far too great for her.

We've had her for just over a week, and apart from an accident on the sofa on our first day (turns out she won't pee whilst on the lead) she's been virtually trouble-free. She's had a lot thrown at her since we picked her up, with us having to unexpectedly leave her for a couple of hours after we'd only had her for 5 days and then having nearly a dozen people descend on our house the next day, but she has taken all of it in her stride.

She was a bounce-back to the kennels, which is a shame, but the previous owner's loss is definitely our gain. She loves the kids (curled up on the sofa with them after being home for only 4 hours), although it would be nice if we could sit down for dinner without everyone having to give her a cuddle before she'll go and lie on her bed..!

The kennels said she should have been a model, not a racer. I think she's nearly got the hang of posing for the camera!

2yys1fk.jpg

25twx6s.jpg

Haha, not sleeping in the second one, just trying to make a duvet as comfortable as the normal bed cushion (which was being washed because she'd already covered it in crumbs and drool!)

Now that second one's an angle you don't see too often. :lol Looks like Belle is settling in wonderfully. She is lovely--congrats and welcome to GT!

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

She is a sweetheart. Congrats to you and your family.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

The kennels said she should have been a model, not a racer.

:lol

Belle's so cute!

Unsolicited advice on the peeing-on-leash: Take her out on leash when she really needs to go, and stay out till she pees. Then praise praise praise and treats.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

She's so cute, and nothing wrong with an extra cuddle or two :)

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Those poses are hilarious, she is gorgeous, congratulations!!!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Thanks for your comments everyone. :)

Belle's definitely settling in well, especially now I've taken her off the food she was eating at the kennels. Wish I'd known about plain, boring old chicken and rice before spending money on a probiotic from the vets... Oh well, live and learn I guess.

And she now pees while on the lead! Hurrah! (Why did no one tell me that I'd spend the first couple of weeks of greyhound ownership spending all my time thinking about what comes out the back of the dog, as well as what goes in the front end?!)

Welcome to the wonderful world of greyhounds!! (it's NOT a cult, it's NOT!!!)

That 2nd pic is a classic - should go in a calendar!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge