Welcome Home...

Guest Bean_Scotch

Guest Bean_Scotch

I'm somewhat of a frequent flyer around here...but I to enjoy sharing my hounds...so introducing my new adoptee...

I had really wanted to adopt a Galgo. I researched the breed heavily, etc. etc. so much that I knew with their history and what I wanted to do with the dog(therapy work, blood donor, come to work with me, assist in reactive dog cases, agility etc) that fostering would probably be the best thing to start with, so I could make sure I adopted the dog I wanted. So I applied to 2 adoption groups....and was denied by both groups because I occasionally left my dogs longer hours and I didn't have a dog door, and they accused me of not vaccinating my animals(but didn't thoroughly vet check my dogs, or ask me questions)...and how dare I use one of their dogs as a 'trophy'...so after a pretty disappointing experience....

It's A Grey Area in Louisiana messaged me and said I have the perfect dog...the perfect color(I only adopt black ones)...and the perfect personality. She's crazy. She's a black brindle, 18 month old racing school drop out. oh perfect.

Seleneadoption.jpg

It was on the Birthday of my Chess pack that I found this out(coincidence #1) and then...each of my dog's have a 'color'...Irene(a dog I recently lost) her color was purple...so I find out the next day that Selene's kennel collar color was purple(coincidence #2). My very first Greyhound was black(Pawn) and Irene was a brindle(coincidence #3) so I just couldn't deny it. My bridge houndies where hard at work for me. So on Dec. 10th I made the long journey from Northern Indiana to Mississippi to bring home this little girl. In 3.5 weeks she's qualified to be a blood donor(YAY), is taking her CGC tests this coming Friday(YAY), has started agility training(YAY), and has assisted in at least 5 reactive dog cases and done beautifully at being a non-reactive dog. She comes home every day dog-tired and can barely get up to eat dinner. lol. So, here's photos of the girlie.
We left Northern Indiana at 6am and got to Kentucky...

selenetrip3.jpg

Then Tennessee...

selenetrip2.jpg

Then Mississipi.....

mississippi.jpg

And finally...We got her!

seleneadoption2.jpg
We spent the night in a hotel...to find her here the next morning....

selene2.jpg

We made the trip back via way of Alabama and took a hitch-hiker to his waiting rescue in Illinois....
IMG_2163.jpg

They rode well together...

selenetrip.jpg

Nelson, the border collie made his way to Illinois where his rescue was waiting for him. Selene mastered her stays quite quickly and next friday will hopefully be a CGC!
Selene.jpgThings alwa

Things always happen for a reason...so while things didn't work out on the Galgo front...Here's hoping next spring brings good news for that!

Awesome! She's a gorgeous color, and what a hoot (bathroom counter :lol ). Good luck with her CGC - that is soo exciting - good for you :yay

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Congrats! She's beautiful and sounds like a real character.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Welcome home, pretty girl!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Selene -- ahhhhh I laughed out loud at the photo standing on the hotel vanity - hahahaha - Selene will keep you entertained so please post her antics often so we can enjoy too! Just loved the story of Selene as we are ready to head (drive) to Florida in a little over a week to pick up our beware of Phog to join ronee and jill on the couch. I think of 'my chess dogs' and their adventures often - the good old days :).

Edited by teri_d