I Think Mango's In Trouble..

I just lost Mac in May and now I think Mango's in trouble..she had a cancerous mole removed from her lip a year ago..vet said although he got it all 'something' would likely show up in 6-8 months..well it's been a year and the weight is just melting off her..she was off her feed about two weeks ago with a little 'almost diarrhea'..you know no big deal just typical greyhound stuff..rice and ground turkey for a day or two and she's back to normal but only for a few days..all this week she's really been off food..(same stuff she's had for years)..absolutely refuses to eat her kibble or her canned food..will eat a little rice/turkey/boiled chicken bites ......although it's had to tell when a greyhound is lethargic ..she's got no energy at all...like the old time cowboy movies when they say 'it's quiet out there'..'yeah..too quiet' I can tell something just isn't right...I knew she'd lost some weight but didn't realize how much until last night..we were watching t.v. and she was laying on her pad ..she stretched and I looked and thought Wow! you can see EVERY rib on her not just the last 2-3 as usual...picked her up and weighed her (and me) on bathroom scale..she's down to 55 pounds (scale read considerably more)..she was 64-66 range..that's like 15+% loss...got an appointment on Friday to have her checked but I'm not feeling good about it..she's in the danger zone..11.5...Mac had just turned 13...Damn I HATE it when they get old and start to fail...

Dogs and small children are the only people I really get along with....MacDaddy

Guest MurphysMom

It is so heartbreaking when they get older! Please keep us updated, I hope everything is alright. Will be praying for you and Mango :hope:grouphug don't worry yourself sick, hang in there until that vet appointment!

Our thoughts are with you and Mango.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

:hope:candle

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown