Three Legged Lame, Hot, And Small Swelling

Guest Wasabi303

Guest Wasabi303

Wasabi came home from surgery today, everything went smoothly. Check out her snazzy new hardware.

0gGB69ul.jpgrPBZ27jl.jpg

We have a long three months of limited activity and a splint for a whole month, but I am happy to be on the road to normal again, only if it is only the first night.

:heart

I hope her road to recovery is a smooth one.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

We have a long three months of limited activity and a splint for a whole month, but I am happy to be on the road to normal again,

One step at a time.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest Wasabi303

Update: Wasabi is being so good with her limited activity, I am incredibly proud of her. Finishing up her meds this week, went in to get her splint changed and everything is healing nicely!

WsKjgTDl.jpg

Cuddling with her fox :)

Guest beetle_slayer

I wish you both the best. I want to give you some warning but don't want you to dwell on it. Our first girl slipped on the ice and broke her hip. We did the FHO surgery and she was recovering nicely for about 6 weeks and slipped again and broke her femur. We opted for a second surgery and within a week she has broken it again and there was nothing more we could do for her as she was not a candidate for amputation due to an FCE some years earlier.

Our adoption group takes in oodles of greys with hock injuries-some repairable and others not. Our girl's situation sound unique. As your grey is healing, please go easy on the repair. We don't want your pupper getting hurt again. As the pins go in, it can weaken the bone. What you see as sadness of your dog not getting to play is much better than another injury. I am SO glad she is on the road to recovery. I have been there, twice. Once with a break, and my girl now is an front leg amputee (osteo).

We love our dogs and would do whatever is best for them. In hindsight, I'm happy she got hurt after playing hard for and hour and not something silly like falling off the couch while sleeping.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Wasabi303

I am happy to report that Wasabi is now a four legged dog again! No bandage and she gets to go on her first walk in 5 weeks tomorrow. It will only be about ten minutes and very slow and controlled, but I am so excited to see how happy she will be. She has missed her walkies so bad.

X-ray today looked perfect, vet is optimistic that she will recover back to normal in about another month. :balloonparty

Excellent news!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Woo hoo! Hope all is continuing to go well and she's enjoying her "Wasabi Walkettes." Can she do stairs on her own now, or are you still supposed to carry her?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest Wasabi303

Thanks everyone! Wasabi is getting more feisty now that she knows walkies are on the table again. I am limiting her to once a day for now, but by the weekend I think we can move up to twice a day. I am just trying to take it extremely slow.

Woo hoo! Hope all is continuing to go well and she's enjoying her "Wasabi Walkettes." Can she do stairs on her own now, or are you still supposed to carry her?

We are taking that slow, too. I am trying to really listen to her, figure out what she is ready for. At this point, she goes down the stairs with me helping her go slow, but I still carry her upstairs. I think she had gotten used to her elevator service! :hehe But hopefully she will do her own stairs both ways in another week.