Hi From Ohio

Guest DrCoconut

Guest DrCoconut

Hi from Ohio. I adopted a greyhound almost two weeks ago. A big goofy fawn boy named Carl. The kids wanted to keep his name because of Carl (Dr Coconut) from Phineas and Ferb. Carl has fit right in to the house. I can't believe how easy and calm greyhounds are. My last dog was a poodle. He was wonderful but very active. I'll post pictures when I can figure it out.

Welcome to GT. Check the technical questions forums for detailed instructions for uploading pics. We'd love to see Carl.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome! Carl is a greyt name for a dog, also because of the kids' book series of that name. You could start a Carl library. :)

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Hopefully GreyPoopon will see this :lol Welcome from CT!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:lol FiveRoooooers

Um, yeah, poodles are definitely more active than greyhounds.

Welcome!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Welcome from another Ohioan (?).......

This member is fairly technically challenged...it took me months to figure out how to post

a photo. I'm sure you'll do better; can't wait to see Carl.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Guest DrCoconut

Had a funny thing happen on our walk. Carl found a pick up your poop sign. He sniffed it over then backed up and pooped right on the sign! I was laughing so hard I could hardly clean up. Such a character.

Another goofy boy.... Watch out for bushes, Brady graduated from signs to going over bushes.

Welcome from Virginia.

Debbie

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

Had a funny thing happen on our walk. Carl found a pick up your poop sign. He sniffed it over then backed up and pooped right on the sign! I was laughing so hard I could hardly clean up. Such a character.

:hehe

And he is gorgeous!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge