Jakie, Mcp's Leo

Laur

My deepest condolences to you during this most difficult time of grief after losing Jacob. You must have been doing a great job keeping him healthy for so many years.

I'm sorry to see you've experienced much loss during recent years.

I so remember the unique extreme heartache of being dogless after having multiple dogs for 25 years. My heart breaks for you. Please take good care of yourself. In time, I imagine Jacob would want you to find joy in discovering some new experiences. :grouphug

Godspeed your heart boy, Jacob. May his spirit live in your heart forever.

:f_red

The first one is always the best one. I am very sorry that Jacob couldn't stay longer. Hugs to you and your daughter. I will try and remember her words. Smiling through tears is a wonderful feeling.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Thank you all so much.

It has been one week since his passing, and in that week 4 times I got up to check on him...and he was gone.

3 times I reached my arm around into the back seat to scratch his ears or chin as I was driving...and he was gone.

My adult daughter bought him yougart as was the norm with the groceries then burst into tears with the realization as she unpacked them...because he was gone.

I'm so very sorry! :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• 2 weeks later...

3 weeks....for some strange reason I occasionally feel there will be a knock at the door and he will be standing there wagging his tail !

I was on my porch one day last week and through the trees saw someone with dogs walk by...one had a familiar prance to its step so I instantly thought greyhounds !!!

I basically threw myself through the underbrush like a manic Neanderthal saying You, you with the dogs !!! Poor woman stopped...they were not greyhounds, a tall beagle coloured houndie and a smooth collie mix.

I apologized and explained..she was very understanding and now pauses when she walks by so I can visit with her puppers.

Guest IrskasMom

Almost 14 is quite a nice Age . That does not make it any easier and I am so , so very sorry you lost your Jakie . RIP sweet Boy :f_red

I'm so very sorry :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I understand. :grouphug :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.