Hello From Quebec (Excited Prospective Owner!)

Hello all!

So my name is Cynthia and I'm from Quebec City (Up North of most of you I guess :P) and we (DH and me) recently acquired a house! Now who says house, says dog and he recently agreed with me that the Greyhounds would make a wonderful addition to our life :) We are not ready to adopt yet as the house is still very new to us and we want to be better established but I think it would be a nice project for the upcoming year :)

Do any of you know how long the adoption process can be and have any of you adopted from Greyhound Rescue Quebec before?

I'm thrilled to be part of this forum and hope to be sharing hilarious/cute pictures with you soon :D

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Hi I'm from the wwaaay east of Quebec, Rimouski :)

I got my baby Tatum from GRQ also

Miles came from a breeder (long story)

I think you made de best choice with a Greyhound

If your're on FB look me up Shirley Wafer you will lotssss

of pic's

Welcome to GT

Shirley

siggy%201.jpg

Miles October 4 2002-Novembre 19 2013 Mommy loves you big boy

Tatum December 1 2004-January 23 2015 Love you Miss SiSi Bums

Rowdy October 26 2001 -November 5 2015 Miss you Bébé Lou

Guest Lillypad

Hi, congratulations on your new home. It would be fantastic, if this new home came with a fenced yard, but don't let that stop you. My advice, don't wait too long. It took my husband 10 years to convince me we should have a greyhound. We had Standard Poodles. I missed 10 years. 10 years that I could have had the priviledge of sharing my life with a greyhound. We have had Lilly for 2 years and I am happy and grateful every day. So I will quote a little poem I learned when I was a little girl. "Now is the time to be happy, to delight in the joys of today. Yesterday is only a memory and tomorrow is still far away. So don't put off the things that you are planning, make an effort to do them some how, especially the ones that you treasure the most, for the time to be happy is now" There are several great adoption groups in Eastern Canada. You shouldn't have to wait too long. But I guarantee once you have registered for a dog....the wait... will... seem... like... forever, LOL Best of luck and welcome to Greytalk.

Edited by Lillypad

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Hi from Kitchener! I adopted my first greyhound from the now defunct Greyhound Adoption of Montreal, which moved to Georgetown, ON, then ceased to exist.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest sireltonsmom

Welcome and congrats on your new home. Once you're settled in I hope you get your greyhound. It's the best decision you will make. We put it off waiting for the 'right' time Finally decided it would never come so just went and adopted Sir Elton. He was 5 and lived to 14.5. We had many wonderful years with him. We always have one boy and one girl. They are so different and each is fun.

Lillypad - that is the greatest poem and philosophy! Thanks for sharing it!

Mom to Mindy (9) and Beau (3)

Yes, I actually didn't know about them! Anyone have any experience with them?

Yes... ME!

Along with many others!

Donna is here on GT under ChiliDog

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest Annie_Bon_Annie

I got my first Greyt from an abusive environment of alcoholics and miserably dysfunctional kids. Annie just hid under the table for days on end. We had two Standard Poodles at the time and they warmed up to her immediately. She'd only come out from under the table for bathroom breaks. She was used to a small cage most of her life so she knew she was in for some new and wonderful experiences. I looked so stupid sitting under the table with her, talking and hugging her. She finally came out of her shell when she was given Frosty Paws and she became a wild and wonderful girl after that! She loved to bite the pom poms on the poodles' tails and hide shoes, jewelry, keys, etc. under her doggy bed. A few years before she went to the bridge, she walked next to me at the park and didn't even need a leash. Neither did my second Grey, Ebony. I'm going to cry. I miss them so badly.

Welcome to GT and don't wait 'till the time is right' you may miss the pup of a lifetime.

People say that about having kids, wait for the right time, then when they turn 50, they wonder what happened!

Enjoy yourself here!!

Sue

How long will it take? Depends on how picky you are.

If you want a cat-safe, small dog safe, kid safe, young tiny fawn female with an outgoing personality............that may take a while.

If you want a big black boy, no other restrictions, you'll have him the next day.

And WELCOME! (I'm in NJ)

Hi we currently have FIVE foster hounds already in Montreal ready for adoption so, technically the wait wouldn't be long at all :)

You can email me for an application to adopt ( donnad @ t-legs.com ) and I am sure one of our adopters up near Quebec City would be able to do a home visit !

Edited by ChiliDog