This Is A Thread I Hoped I Would Never Have To Make

He is doing so well, I am very happy for you both. As for moving forward with a plan, we did not wait for an oncologist to get back to us as we had already made the decision. We also decided to perform the chemo treatments with a local vet and not the hospital as they were an hour away while the local vet is 15 minutes. This was a great decision for us as this started a great relationship with our local vet and now we even have his home phone number that he tells us to call anytime, no worries so it worked great for us. We chose Doxyrubicin over Carboplatin but agonized over that decision just after his amp for days as we were not sure. I believe it's another crapshoot of which you choose even though doxy can be hard on the heart.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IrskasMom

What a Beautiful Boy :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart :beatheart and so is Rocko . I am so reliefed he is doing so well .

can't wait every Day for an Update .

Edited by IrskasMom

Pinky did 5 rounds of carboplatin. She tolerated it very well :nod

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

So glad to see Tempo doing so well.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I wish I could watch the Tempo Cam, but I'm so glad I can get the play-by-play here!

Tempo is doing amazingly well, especially for being just days post-op.

I chose carboplatin over doxorubicin because I was just too afraid of administration errors with the doxo, but I don't personally know of any hounds where that was an issue.

Keep it up, all of you!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Dad has left for work, and the camera is on. Rocko went straight for the coveted sofa, and Tempo is in the floor.

ETA: And Rocko is off the sofa and wandering around. The guys haven't settled down yet.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

ha. i guess they both have a following now.

rocko is really having a hard time without their normal morning run. usually when i walk out the door they're both collapsed on their beds, and dont even bother to look over at me when i leave. hopefully he can get back to that soon.

tempo was a little slower with his walk this morning. i'm pretty sure he's getting pretty out of it from his tramadol (or is it gabapentin that's the narcotic?). he'll stop every now and again and just space out, staring at a fence that's 6 inches in front of his face. last night he absolutely wouldn't move because a neighbor was taking out his recycling bin, and tempo was transfixed.

also last night he jumped up on my bed at about 7:30, so i took the opportunity to spend the entire evening with them there. he wouldnt get back up at bed time, though, so i spent another night sleeping on the memory foam pad on the floor with them. he only got up to stand there, spaced out, three times. but it was enough to keep me from getting a continuous block of sleep. so im exhausted agai today.

here they are last night. he kept his head dangling there for a good 2 hours or so. if nothing else, it definitely helped the swelling in his front leg.

8594303113_9ec19c0d8a_z.jpg

Edited by jaym1

When Tempo is sacked out like that, see if you can slide a pillow under the swollen leg to elevate it just a bit.

I work from home, so I'm watching your two and my two--all sleeping. I keep the window open to yours (behind my work windows) and check it periodically--especially when there's noise. But Tempo keeps getting out of sight. I really ought to crank up my second laptop since I could keep that window visible the whole time...

Tramadol is probably causing most of the spaciness. Yesterday, Tempo slept about three hours after you left.

darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Two hours with his head dangling like that? :hehe :hehe :hehe

There might have been a nose drip puddle on the floor.

I did watch Tempo this morning, shortly after you left for work. They were both laying there, facing the door.

Eventually, Rocko stood up and got on the couch. Tempo stood up.....spaced out for a few minutes, with some yawns, and then wandered off out of camera range.

OK.....now I see Tempo is resting on his new $150.00 bed.

Rocko is hogging the couch (right in the middle).

I just looked and Tempo was turning around in circles in front of the couch, then he lay down on the carpet.

He's been spending the last couple of minutes licking his right leg; looks to be in the area where he might have had his IV??

I can't tell if it's bandaged. Have to look later.

Yup, he's been licking it. Now laying on the carpet.

Just wanted to add, this is the neatest thing ever. You have updates on here, kinda like having your own greyhound sitters :)

Edited by Yamaha_gurl

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

He just flopped over on his side, on the rug on the floor in front of the couch and I think he'll snooze now.

He's just laying there....blinking.

Now the eyes are closing......sleep well, pup.

Yup, he's been licking it. Now laying on the carpet.

Just wanted to add, this is the neatest thing ever. You have updates on here, kinda like having your own greyhound sitters :)

Watching a greyhound sleep is pretty common here :flip

he's laying there with his eyes open simply because he doesn't feel like standing -- i've seen this drama play out countless times. he wants rocko to get off the couch, but isnt assertive enough to force him off. the instant theres an opening, he'll be up there, and wont get off until i get home.

if you all want to list your names, i'll figure out the hourly rate for dog sitting in boston, and send you each your share. if only it were also possible to walk a dog via the internet.

thanks! a friend of mine is coming back into town today, and is going to bring him to the park in the evenings, i believe. but i may have to take you up on your offer it it doesnt pan out. thats very generous of you.

If you need help with exercising Rocko, my offer still stands :)

I just watched for a couple of minutes.

Tempo seemed to have his eyes closed most of the time.

Rocko hasn't moved a muscle.

I haven't been getting the audio much at all the past couple of days.

Do you leave a radio or the TV on?

A good channel for TV is the weather channel. It just kind of drones on with talk, and no barking dogs.

I suppose you've considered getting him his own sofa. ;)

My guys listen to Music Choice (Light Classics) or the Golf Channel.

My dogs watch The Big Bang theory on a looped DVD all day :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

I think you want to check Tempo's leg around the shaved area and see if it's irritated. He's been licking it a lot today. I don't know if he's got an itch (if the shaving irritated the skin) or if the swelling in his lower leg is bothering him and he just finds the licking soothing.

ETA: If you have a long-sleeved shirt you can put on him tomorrow and fix the cuff so it won't interfere with his walking, that might help.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

Also just putting a good amount of Bag Balm on it might help too :) I don't think I would cover it up with something as tight as a bandage, but, a tshirt sleeve would be good.