This Is A Thread I Hoped I Would Never Have To Make

Okay, so I admit I am a little bit greyhound crazy. But I have spent the last hour watching these two greys sleep, stretch, drink water, get down off the couch, get up on the couch and have been totally entertained! Tempo is doing incredibly well.

Jane

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocko Zoomies!

:lol He's getting all the toys out from under the couch! Tempo just looked at him and yawned.

ETA: Rocko just got up on the couch to lay with Tempo! That just made my day.

Edited by a_daerr

ha. looks like i missed whatever they were up to. i haven't actually done this for a long time, so its interesting to see how they start waiting for me at about 3:30. sadly, i am going to be home unusually late this evening, probably at 5:30 or so (the tradeoff being that i didnt go to work until 10:30) i hope they can wait.

A bit ago, Tempo looked like he was trying to decide how to get off of the couch. I was actually holding my breath until he changed his mind, did a few turns and laid back down.

ETA~ And he's off now and moving around!

Edited by Gryffenne

Tempo was out of the picture for around 10 minutes. Rocko was on the couch. Then Rocko got off the couch at 4:54 and Tempo came into view...got up on the couch....and lay down. He looks calm watching Rocko wandering around looking for his daddy.

I just watched as you got home. Tempr had been resting quietly on the couch.

When they heard you at the door, they both got up. Tempo stopped easily to the floor.

He seemed very calm and relaxed when I was watching him this afternoon.

Have a good evening.

I think I work about the same hours as you, so I couldn't watch the Tempo Cam, but from all the reports it sounds like he is doing fabulously!!!

YAY TEMPO!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

he is much better on his feet today, though his remaining front leg still gets very swollen unless its elevated, and walks are, understandably, slow going.

when i opened the door after work i found him standing right there wagging his tail with rocko next to him, just like always -- a little subdued, but definitely back on track. i think i may have overmedicated him a bit this evening, as he really passed out for two solid hours. right now he is (finally) asleep on the new orthopedic bed and staring at me as i type this. last night i slept on the floor next to the couch, but i have to get a real night of sleep tonight. i dont think tempo will be up and down as much tonight, and i might even see if he wants to get into the bed with me.

this is definitely causing rocko to go a little haywire. though i love him, rocko is as dumb as an empty bucket. tempo is definitely the brains of the operation, and the de facto head of their pack, so rocko is getting a little hyperactive trying to fill the void while tempo is subdued. or maybe he just hasnt been getting enough off leash run time these past few days. in any event, the dynamic at the moment is definitely off, and its hard to get used to.

Edited by jaym1

Yes, I could hear when you came home and both boys rocketed to the door.

Rocko was up and playing some today, and he whined at Tempo a good bit. Probably more than a trace of "come play with me" aimed at Tempo. I think Tempo was awake for a while, even as he laid on the sofa and looked all peaceful, so sleeping tonight might have been a bit of catching up for not sleeping a whole lot today. (There was at least a 10 minute stretch--or more--when Tempo was out of sight of the camera.)

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I'm so glad he's adjusting so quickly!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Do you think there is any other breed "cult" where so many people would spend so much of their day watching two dogs (who they don't know in person) sleep? I just love greyhound people!!!!!!

Jane

p.s. I found myself having to check every hour to see how sweet Tempo was doing. And I have to say that he is looking greyt!

Do you think there is any other breed "cult" where so many people would spend so much of their day watching two dogs (who they don't know in person) sleep? I just love greyhound people!!!!!!

Jane

p.s. I found myself having to check every hour to see how sweet Tempo was doing. And I have to say that he is looking greyt!

My DBF stared at me for a few quiet moments and then back at my laptop when he discovered what I was tabbing back and forth from earlier today :lol

When I explained the cam, he nodded and then asked, "Do you feel like you are dogsitting?"

BUT

Every time that there was noise, he would glance over when I tabbed to see ;) And then around 530 when the commotion really started, he laughed and said, "Well, their dad must be home!!" As I was tabbing and then getting ready to close the window, he saw Tempo almost effortlessly hop up onto the couch and praised him on that (well, praised my laptop) :D I think that there is officially another member of the cult.

I've been following Tempo's progress and really rooting for him. He reminds me so much of (and looks a whole lot like) my angel Regis (we lost him to osteo almost 10 years ago). I'm so happy to see how well Tempo seems to be doing! And now I'm one of their ustream watchers.

Mom of bridge babies Regis and Dusty.

Wrote a book about shelter dogs!

I sell things on Etsy!

It is amazing how much they teach us, and gift us with, just by showing their spirit. It is so good to hear that he is bouncing back so quickly, and so well.

So many of us have spent those nights on the floor with our pups. Probably a subject deserving its own topic/best practices suggestions. I know I use a bedroll type yoga mat.

I tried to watch the webcam yesteray but my work has blocked the site. Alas.

right now he is (finally) asleep on the new orthopedic bed and staring at me as i type this. last night i slept on the floor next to the couch, but i have to get a real night of sleep tonight. i dont think tempo will be up and down as much tonight, and i might even see if he wants to get into the bed with me.

Guest RMarie

A little bit ago, I saw him jump down off the couch. He stood on the couch for a few minutes before ultimately deciding to make the leap. He made it! Yay! He was looking around the room, when Rocko woke up, got up, and moved onto the pile of blankets where Tempo had been lying not 5 minutes prior. Guess he thought Tempo was warming them up for him. Hehe!

Looking around looking around....finally going to lay down on a bed!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Thank you for sharing Rocko and Tempo with us. :)

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

still doing well today, and he is more alert than yesterday, when i may or may not have overmedicated him a bit. i am trying to err on the said of as little pain as possible, and its a tough balance to strike. made it to the dog park this morning and evening without incident (200 yards each way). he is better about balancing and moving in general, though we are still obviously going very slow, and figuring out how to walk them both is still something of a challenge as tempo needs to pace himself, while rocko is dying to get more exercise. i was happy to see him pick up one of their compressed rawhide bones and sit chewing with it for some time -- a nice sign of things just starting to hopefully get back to normal.

i did not sleep on my bed last night, as planned, opting instead for the floor once again. but, despite the discomfort, tempo came down and laid there with me, sleeping almost the whole way through the night. still a greyhound at heart, he waited until i got up for two seconds to check on him before immediately scooting himself onto both of my pillows, leaving me to lay on the edge of my mattress pad with half a blanket to cover myself.

i'm still waiting to hear back from his pathology tests so i can get in touch with the oncologist and start forming a plan for him going forward. that is my biggest worry right now.

8592797019_600df60c3f_z.jpg

8593898574_a31fa765bc_z.jpg

Edited by jaym1