Pudge Le Mutt Not Doing Well, At Vet Now 12/31

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batmom gave me some suggestions to time taking pepcid before the antibiotics. So far no vomiting today. :)

Pudge seems happier today now that her tummy is calmer.

You might want to try cerenia for a few days. Also, with a UPC that high are you also giving low dose aspirin? Might want to get that blood pressure checked regularly (I know you mentioned he's taking enalapril already but, I would still monitor).

She is getting a low dose aspirin. Vet did say that she wants to check the BP next time we're at the office.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm glad to hear she's feeling better.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Hope Pudge continues to feel better..poor sweet baby :kiss2

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

She's OK today. Just OK. The pepcid has been a tremendous help for tolerating the cephalexin. She's not eating as much food as usual but still likes cookies from her dad.

I was giving her a belly rub and looked at those lower front teeth. The one that protrudes the most is very loose. :(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

our vet had us using Prilosec for Nube to keep the nausea at bay with the chemo. I can't remember if he got 1 pill or 2 pills each day though... :(

sending many hugs! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Vet has ok'd the pepcid. Antibiotic and food are both staying down. Teh green snot in her right nostril appears to have cleared up.

Her dental, mouth xray, repeat bloodwork is all scheduled for the 31st.

In the pictures you can see one tooth on her right side that is sticking up with the pushed up gums. That's the one that is loose. They all used to line up nicely like the ones on her left side.

020.jpg

019.jpg

tiny hada siggy.png

The one tooth is loose. In the second picture do you see how the gum line looks normal on her left side, but on her right the gum line goes up. It doesn't look inflamed. Vet feels something is pushing it upward.

They do have digital xray so we'll have a better chance of seeing " a something" than if it was analog films.

tiny hada siggy.png

Many prayrs for Pudge.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I tend to over worry and over think things when it comes to my dogs. I have had some panicky posts in H&M over the years that turned out ot be false alarms. I wouldn't be worried about the possible mouth tumor with Pudge had it not been for her acute kidney failure.

Gracie would be lost without her gal pal, Pudge.

tiny hada siggy.png

Pudge's dental and biopsy was moved up a week to today. They will be doing another BUN and Creatinine, monitoring heart and blood pressure, keep her hydrated. An xray will be done first to see the extent of whatever is in that lower jaw.

Edited by macoduck

tiny hada siggy.png

:hope for Pudge

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross