Thoughts For Ellie..dental And Skin Cancer Removal Friday

Ellie has had a small bump on her rear leg up near her hip. so last week I took her into the vet for the annual physical and to set up a dental for her. The vet looked at the bump and did a needle aspiration and what came out was not just fat cells. He says it looks like a skin cancer lesion. Friday when she is under for her dental he is going to remove the bump and sent it off to pathology. The vet should be able to cut and get a clear margin. I was told she would have a pronounced scar,b ut rather have a scar then to lose a leg or worse.

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Guest grey_dreams

Sending good thoughts for Ellie. Zariel just went through this. He had a malignant melanoma on his back leg. Surgery removed it with clean margins. If Ellie's growth is malignant, OSU recommends doing a chest X-ray and an abdominal ultrasound to check the lungs and abdomen. If they are both clear, then she should be fine. Wishing both of you an easy and rapidly healing procedure.

Good thoughts for Ellie!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest mbfilby

Our Cy is also going for teeth and a lumpectomy on Friday. His lump is dead center of the spine between the hip points, but the vet said the aspiration showed no organization, so likely not cancer. Good thoughts for Ellie!

Sending good thoughts and healing white light to Ellie!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

All the best to Ellie, and to Cy!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl.