Hello From Ontario

Guest FinnsMom

Guest FinnsMom

Since I have posted a few times already I figured I should come introduce myself.

We adopted Finn (aka CTW Dune Buggy) September 19, 2012. He spent his racing career at Wheeling. He is our first grey and the most perfect dog I have ever owned, (I'm already a breed snob). LOL He does not bark, has not messed in the house one time (even when he had a bout of diarrhea), has no space issues (my son (6) lays with him on his bed all the time and Finn just sighs and enjoys the attention), he is cat safe (completely ignored the cat when we first came in the house and continues to ignore her, other than the occasional butt sniff). The cat will come outside with us when in the backyard and he could care less. Has no issues with squirrels or chipmunks either, as we get quite a lot in our yard taking food from the bird feeder. His prey drive is literally zilch.

We are working on desensitizing him to the stairs though as he is still completely terrified of them, to the point that if we are standing near them and call his name he will run to his bed and stick his head in the corner. LOL So I place treats on the stairs throughout the day that he can take when he is brave enough. The next step perhaps is seeing if I can find someone to bring a stair savvy hound over to teach him.

He walks with us to school every morning and is a star. One little girl stops to pet him each morning and the other day she told me that Finn is the "bomb diggidy". LOL We get stopped all the time on walks and told how beautiful he is.

He's sort of starting to come out of his shell. He's done some zoomies in the yard. Tossed around a couple stuffies and he dances at meal times.

We absolutely love and adore him.

Welcome from Lindsay, Ontario! We have two outgoing, confident hounds. Lindsay isn't THAT far from Barrie... right? lol. Seriously, we are in greyhound withdrawal. There are so few here compared to Guelph/KW where we just moved from.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Hi to you and Finn! He's so handsome but, then, I'm partial to fawns. He is about the exact same size as my Summer! Hope to see you at a greyhound run one weekend -- there's lots of greys around you!

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Guest FinnsMom

Hi to you and Finn! He's so handsome but, then, I'm partial to fawns. He is about the exact same size as my Summer! Hope to see you at a greyhound run one weekend -- there's lots of greys around you!

We went to the Simcoe group's annual picnic which was fantastic. Lots of hounds out that day. We haven't been able to go since but hopefully one of these weekends we will have free again. :)

Welcome from Lindsay, Ontario! We have two outgoing, confident hounds. Lindsay isn't THAT far from Barrie... right? lol. Seriously, we are in greyhound withdrawal. There are so few here compared to Guelph/KW where we just moved from.

Not that far at all, less than 2 hours. LOL There are lots of hounds up this way (as proven by the greyhound picnic we went to), but since moving here two years ago, I've only ever seen 2 (one is new to the area). Even walking down by the waterfront I've seen every other type of breed except a grey so when we take Finn down there for a walk we get lots of looks and comments. :)

Welcome from Waterloo...Finn sounds like he's doing fantastic in your home. And he is very handsome.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest FinnsMom

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I find it quite awesome that there are Greyhound forums, gatherings, and picnics, ect. I find the community truly fantastic.

@brianamac - We lived in Edmonton before moving out here to Ontario but I sure miss my trips to the mountains. And skiing on the wet heavy snow out here sure is a different experience than the powder that falls in Alberta. LOL

• 3 weeks later...
:wave and welcome from your old hometown

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Welcome from the middle! How are the stairs coming?

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren