New And Commiting A Faux Pas

Guest Carstel

Guest Carstel

Hi everyone! I'm Sarah, from Delaware.

I've been lurking for a week and have finally signed up. My faux pas: I don't have a greyhound, and am not getting one any time soon. I do at least have a sight hound, an 8 month old Ibizan Hound named Tino. I hope that's enough to let me slide :ghplaybow I also have two older Vizslas. I like being active in the dog community, whether it's going to shows, doing dog sports, visiting hospitals, or anything else. The Ibizan community is so small and I often feel rather out of place when doing events with Tino, since sight hounds look and act so different from labradors, pit mixes, and other "normal" dogs. People usually don't understand that while he is very social, he isn't going to run up to people and jump on them while wagging his tail. We went to Dewey last weekend and had a wonderful time being around all of the greyhounds. You guys are so lovely! I'd like to start attending more greyhound events like get togethers and walks. As a collar addict - and budding coat addict - I'm fond of your greyt vendors, too ;)

Edited by Carstel

Guest Carstel

Pat, I work in Milford :) Occasionally, anyway.

Jessica, I'm in Dover, but love going to Wilmington when I have the gas money. There's so much to do up there.

Irene, it was wonderful meeting you!! I forgot to take your card with me this week while I was away petsitting, then came home to find the vizslas had chewed it up. I'll shoot you an e-mail now.

Everyone else, thank you for the warm welcome!

Welcome from Waterloo! I look forward to hearing more about your hounds...we also attend Dewey every year so maybe we'll meet sometime.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest greytexplorer

:wave from Alabama!

Love that picture of your Tino! Very handsome :nod

Let me encourage you to become a Supporter Member. Many benefits and advantages.

Guest Carstel

Jessica, I definitely will! It might be next week, I need to go to Petco to get his halloween costume. I'll be driving through this sunday but it's going to be really early and really late - like 6am and 8pm. We're doing Meet the Breeds in NYC.

Jan & Debbie, for several years I dated a man who lives in Kitchener. I miss the area (and him) terribly. I really want to live there some day.

Hi Shannon :) I always think of you when I get weird guesses at what Tino is, LOL. And I have that photo of Finn saved to my phone for whenever I need a quick cheering up. It never fails.

Pat, how do I become a supporter?

Hi Sarah, Christie, and Jenn!

Hi Shannon :) I always think of you when I get weird guesses at what Tino is, LOL. And I have that photo of Finn saved to my phone for whenever I need a quick cheering up. It never fails.

That is awesome! I'm glad Finn can brighten your day. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Good enough for me!! Had 2 wire coats, both from Gryphon. From 1992 to this May. Star Catcher and Dawn Treader (Mookie).

Now I have an Irish WolfHound and a deaf lurcher (lurcher from GFFL).