Never Take A Day For Granted

Guest TeddysMom

Guest TeddysMom

Last Thursday was a normal day, the dogs were all acting normal, they ate their normal food, Teddy was his happy go lucky self. That night he came up on the bed with me as usual for his nightly love and affection then went into the living room where he always slept on the couch with Spice. When I got up on Friday morning, I found him dead on the couch. He just looked like he was sleeping. I have never been so devistated. He was my first greyhound and was only 3.5 years old, just a puppy. He had just been to the vet and checked out perfectly. I opted not to have a necropsy because it wouldn't bring him back and I didn't want him cut up. The vet thought it might have been a heart defect that was never caught. Please don't take a day that you have with your babies for granted, you never know when God might call them home. I have been in tears since Friday morning and even all the other dogs seem to be morning. I loved Teddy with all my heart and now I will never get to love on him again. I miss him so much, he was my perfect clown and made me laugh everyday.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry to hear Teddy has passed away. He was so very young. Godspeed Teddy. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I have been hearing more and more stories like this, and they frankly terrify me. I am so very sorry for your shocking loss. My condolences. :cry1

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Oh, My!!!! I am so sorry. How tragic and devistating!

May Teddy run free. At least, though his life was far too short, it was filled with love.

The loss of a young one rips your heart right out of your body......And yes....each day is a gift.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I am so very sorry for your loss of Teddy. I too learned not to let a day go by without loving on my girl. Hang on to the fact that Teddy lived every moment with you in the "now" and surrounded by love. He didn't know he was leaving. That leaves the pain for you to bear but that is the very small price we pay for the joy they give us. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Godspeed, Teddy.

I am so sorry. It's never easy when they leave us.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

I am so sorry. Something very similar happened to friends of ours...they went to a movie and came home to find their greyhound, Ginger, dead. :(

You are right, cherish every day, even every moment.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

I'm so sorry for your loss. He was way too young to go the The Rainbow Bridge. :(

Take comfort in the fact that he went peacefully in his sleep. :grouphug

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

How terribly sad. I am so sorry for your loss of Teddy...rest well sweetie.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest TeddysMom

Thanks for all of you kind words. My brother told me the other day that the only way to not have our hearts broken is to never love anyone or anything but I can't do that. I am glad that I am able to love even though can hurt so much at times. It has been a horrible year for us with my DH having ongoing strokes and also recently loosing my 19 year old boxer, Lady, and my very old maltese, Princess. Most of our pack has been with us for years and are getting very old so I have to expect losses but it is the unexpected loss of our young happy babies that hit us all the hardest. Sometimes I really don't know how much more I can take without totally loosing it. Thanks again for you kindness.