My Baby Is Gone

Guest WhiteWave

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cry1.gif I'm so very, very sorry. grouphug.gifflowers_red.gif

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Beyond words is the loss of a beautiful boy. I am so so very sorry that Riddick is gone. For the time he was here, thank you for sharing him with us.

Run free Riddick, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Omgsh. I remember his pics in The Thread for Reds and immediately thought, "no way, not that beauty red with the black muzzle." This is so sad. I'm so sorry. Keep us updated if you find out the cause. Poor baby, poor you. Hugs!

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

:grouphug My heart is breaking for you.:weep I too know the crushing disbelief of suddenly losing a young healthy hound. I have heard it said that "You never know how long you're going to have a greyhound " and for me it is the only hard part of loving greyhounds. I have also learned-my soulmate Slim taught me- that there is absolutely nothing you can do to change when they cross over. You coud have stayed home all day and the outcome would have ultimately been the same. Just try to hang in there. You know Riddick will still be with you always, and he will, because that greyhound love is stronger than even death. My deepest sympathy.

:f_red :f_red :f_red:gh_lay

For love is as strong as death,

Many waters cannot quench love,

Nor can the floods drown it.

Song of Solomon 8:6-7

Guest WhiteWave

I wanted to thank everyone. Your kind words mean so much to me. We just left him at the vets office and they will perform a necropsy to find out why. I believe he may have choked. My neighbor said she saw him around the side of the house and I found a package of treats he had swiped from the counter and it had a foil package. I didn't find all the pieces. She said he was there about 10 minutes before I found him. I normally kept stuff locked up as he was bad to counter surf and liked to steal silverware from the sink. We have no spoons b/c after eating my cereal, I would stick the bowl and spoon in the sink and go to work b/c I'm always running behind in the morning and he always stole my spoon. I found them all over, in the couch, the yard, etc.

The house is so quiet w/o him. He had a big mouth and was always doing something, usually with Jack. They were cohorts.

He had fun everyday. I don't think there was a day he wasn't happy. He may have lived a short life, but he got to do a lot with it. He got to run in the woods, he got to swim in the ocean, he got to see Santa Claus, he got to visit people in nursing homes. Go to pet stores, dog events. He was so funny at the AKC meet the breeds show. He was fascinated by the Poodles and other "weird" dogs. He never met a stranger. He loved everyone, especially children.

Dryingoff.jpg

Splashinhounds-1-1.jpg

PeanutButterProblem.jpg

Dirtydog-1.jpg

RononandRiddick-3.jpg

MyStick-1.jpg

wethound.jpg

Leapfrog.jpg

More pictures:

Tastypuppy.jpg

RnX.jpg

Riddicksleeping.jpg

Riddickinthefield.jpg

Riddickposing.jpg

Riddick3-1.jpg

JackandRiddick.jpg

What he looked like when we brought him home.

SOOOOCUTE.jpg

A short but happy life. Way too short though...I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

oh my gosh, how tragic. You must feel absolutely blind-sided, and I'm so very, very sorry and sad. Safe journey, Riddick. Sweet boy, you are adored...

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Guest budsmom

I am so sorry. I hope you can find comfort knowing that he was well loved and lived a great, happy life. It was obvious from your pictures that he was a happy, fun boy who loved everyone. :grouphug

I am so so sorry for your loss. :candle:hope

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I'm so very sorry for your sudden loss. I agree wholeheartedly with you that Riddick lived a life any dog would envy. He was a very fortunate boy to have had such a wonderful family & I'm so sorry he couldn't spend more time with you here. He was so very handsome. I wish you & your family peace & strength. Godspeed Riddick! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Oh gosh, I am so very, very sorry!!! :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I hope you read your own thread with the pictures....the pics were wonderful and I hope as you read all the wonderful experiences you shared you will get comforted. So very sorry.