Silver

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I am so very sorry!!! what a wonderful boy he was and such a beautiful tribute to him :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't read this without crying; my heart is broken for you. I am so very sorry, truly, deeply sorry. Silver was one in a million, and he is so fortunate to be loved by you. Your tribute to him... I may not be able to read it often, but it is so true to him and to you and the real love you shared, and it will stay with me.

Wishing peace to your heart, and may you keep finding the signs and reminders of joy and gentle love Silver has left for you to find.

{{{Carla}}} I'm so very sorry.

Godspeed special boy :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

There is no doubt that you and Silver had a special connection. His job was to show you all that love could do and I would say by your heartfelt and deeply touching tribute that he did his job well. Godspeed, Silver. Your Momma misses you deeply and will love you always. Rest well.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

That is one of the most beautiful and moving tributes I have ever read. Honestly Silver has blessed me too this morning because having read it some of his virtues I can't easily dismiss...to be happy, to be loving, to be thankful as you said in a hundred different ways, to name just a few. You know even though he had to shed that broken earth suit he will be with you always. Oh what powerful love he has.

One of the briidge kids sent this and I have found it to be true and hope it helps you too: "But I promise you that your pain will subside over time, and our love, our love not only will survive, it will be stronger. Someday the horrible pain will be a memory of deep sadness but our love will still be vibrant and alive. Love is always bigger than pain. When you are hurting, reach for the love and I promise you will feel better."

:f_red :f_red :f_red:gh_lay

"For love is as strong as death....

Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it.

If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly despised."

-Song of Solomon 8:6-7<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

What a beautiful tribute. I'm so sorry for the loss of your wonderful Silver.

Sometimes "magic" just happens with a special creature - and I'd say you had it with Silver. He did his job here on earth and now he gets to move on.

Good job Silver.

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

Precious Silver, inside and out. Your handsome boy looks so much like my angel Yukon (aka: he who did no wrong). Please know that we are with you in your grief.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I just wanted to insert a thank you to everyone who has written here! I am going to print all the posts up to make an old-fashioned, on-paper memory book for Silver. I recognize that, since he lived over 12 years and had an easier passing than many, he (and I) were very fortunate. The fact that I still weep so easily every time I check a new post in this thread or look at any of his pictures (especially Maddy's "Silver Close Up")is a measure of my growing realization of just how much he was, and gave to me and every single person who interacted with him, and how much I miss my quiet, soft, undemanding, silly boy. My neighbors have missed my other dogs after they left, but Marge is seriously grieving Silver's loss.

I do want to make a slide show for him someday, something with lilting, gentle music that celebrates his huge joy at being alive and his simple love for the tiny little things of every day. In the meantime, and until I start serious work on the Silver book, I know that there are no quick fixes but that every day, if I open my heart, I am learning new lessons about how to live in the moment and embrace joy. . . :blush

Edited by Mom2Shiloh