Chase Is Gone

Guest LindsaySF

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gave Chase more love, care and spoiling in those 10 months than she had probably received in her entire life before. I am so sorry she wasn't with you longer, but she knew she was loved and left this world surrounded by it, as much as it hurt you.

Rest in peace pretty lady. :f_white

You fought so hard for her, and I know you were her hero. I'm so glad she came to you so that she could experience the fierce devotion of someone who truly loved her. I'll always remember everything you (and WAG) did for her.

Chase, run free, sweetheart. You are dearly missed.

Lindsay, I am so sorry for the loss of Chase, what a great tribute to a special girl. She was lucky to have you for those 10 special 10 months, which were probably the best 10 months of her life. Run free Sweet Chase.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

oh Lindsay, I'm so very sorry Chase is gone :cry :cry1 I followed all her stories and was amazed at how much you were able to do for her :cry1 :cry1 I'm sure her last 10 months with you made her completely forget all the terrible things she went through before she was yours :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Just seeing this as I was out of power for 4 days, I am so sorry Lindsay, I too followed her story, you did give her the best 10 months of her life and I am sure that she knew you loved her :cry1

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Guest giantsfan

Lindsay, I just saw this. I'm so sorry! No one could have done more for her. I am certain that Chase felt loved and cared for beyond her wildest dreams these last 10 months.

Paula

Guest Honeysmom

Lindsay, I am so sorry Chase is gone. I watched her story from the beginning. She was such a miracle girl! I know she was happy with you! Who would do as much for her as you did?! God bless little Chase and you!

:f_whitef_yellow

Guest DundeeToddsMom

You're such an angel :bighug to have taken care of Chase, bringing her back to health and given her the happiest 10 months of her life. Remember the good times you've had....

Godspeed Chase....run :gh_run a few laps with my angels (Dundee, Buddy, Panama Todd, Natasha & Buster) at the bridge...all healthy again :gh_bow

Edited by DundeeToddsMom

Just seeing this Lindsay. Chase was special and the last thing she will remember is you and that someone cared. You did good. It's so hard to lose these guys. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Lindsay, I'm deeply saddened to read Chase's story. I wish she could have had longer, but at least those last months were spent with you in a loving, caring home.

I know how you feel about not noticing sooner. I've had those same thoughts about Honey. Maybe a couple of hours would have made a difference. We will never know for sure, but I don't think so. Instead, remember all the good time you did give her. In the end that's what's most important.

Run free, sweet Chase, where pain and illness can no longer catch you.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

:grouphug I'm so sorry.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LindsaySF

I wanted to thank everyone for the very kind words. They did help. :) I've had some time to come to terms with things. It's never easy when the loss is fast and unexpected, but it was likely better for Chase than a long drawn out illness. I think she was happy until her last day.

I did have a bit of a rough moment after I picked up her ashes. She was in a plain cardboard box in a bag, and as I was opening it she 'fell' out onto the table. She was in a ziploc baggie. :( That hit me very hard. I'm sure they just did the simple cremation without additional options, because they didn't ask me for any details the night/morning I had to put her down. Any animal I've put down at my personal vet came back in a nice sealed container, I never had to see the ashes just sitting there in a ziploc bag like they meant nothing.

I did go back and get a nice wooden box for her final resting place, and I've made peace with it. The box did make me feel a lot better. I miss her, but I'm okay now. Run free baby. ghrun.gif

~Lindsay~