End Of An Era

Guest Grhndad

Guest Grhndad

This morning at 9:00 an era ended. Our Pansy, M's Tona Pansy, went to the bridge. She had just turned 12 last month. She was the last of our original 5 that included her mom, Latona Nancy. She had the nick name "baby Girl, because she was the last girl pup that her mom had. Pansy came to us as a 3 yr old and we had to joy of having her in our home for 9 years. She had been diagnose with CHF in December 2009 and developed more problems last winter.

Pansy raced at Seabrook and was part of a double GUR that included her going from Seabrook to Fenville, MI and then home and another grey going from Corpus Christi, TX to her new home in Fenville. The total mileage of the double GUR was almost 5000 miles.

When I found Pansy she was a grade A racer at Seabrook. I emailed her trainer and inquired about getting her when her career was over. Her trained emailed me back saying that he expected her to have a long career and her owner was going to breed her. I thanked him but continued to follow her career on the internet. When she was injured and couldn't come back full speed, Her owner told the trainer that I could have her because I had her Dam. Two internet friends piced her up at the track and Pansy commenced a 5 day trip around to MI. She spent a night in Salem, MA, Cherry Hill, NJ, Palmyra, PA, State Collage, PA, Dearborn, MI and three nights in Fennville, MI before we picked her up in MI and brought her on down to MS.

Pansy was a well traveled pup making 4 Cherry Hill, AOL gang picnics, 4 Dewey Beach trips and 7 trips to Mountain Hounds. She was always a favorite at M&Gs because she loved the young kids that would come up and pet her.

Pansy1-2copy.jpg

I am so sorry. Looking at your signature, I realized that I remember most of your dogs from GH-L.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

A well travelled and well loved girl indeed ~ rest in peace, Pansy.

:f_pink:grouphug:brokenheart:gh_lay:brokenheart:grouphug:f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Pansy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greytlady93

Harry

I read every single posting in Remembrance. I don't usually post a response because the many losses of pups and greyt friends have left me too sad for words, but I say a prayer for every pup and their human.

This post is different.

It was an honor helping with Pansy's GUR. I know the love and care you give to every pup who is lucky enough to find a forever home with you and your family.

Run free, Pansy...

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Donnamarie

Harry,

I am so sorry for your loss.

I too helped in that GUR so long ago.

I did the ma to nj leg meeting at the

montvale rest stop along the GSP.

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Oh Harry I am so sorry to hear this. Rick & I are thinking of you guys. Pansy you are free of pain now and can run and play at the bridge. But throw your Dad a rainbow now and then okay.

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge