Do You Believe We Will See Our Lost Friends Again

Guest BobbiD

How terrible. So young. I am so sorry.

No, unfortunately, I believe when it's over, it's over. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:grouphug I, too, am so sorry that you had to say g'bye too soon, too young, to your girl.

To answer your question, in a word, yes. I have to believe and on those really awful days, I have to believe even harder. But it helps.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I definitely believe that we will see our pets again. The Bible says that in heaven, the wolf will live with the lambs and the leopard will lay down with the kid. Therefore, the greyhounds can darn well snuggle with the bunnies and share biskies with the kitties.

Pope John Paul II was once quoted as saying "also the animals possess a soul and men must love and feel solidarity with our smaller brethren". He also said that they are the "fruit of the creative action of the Holy Spirit and merit respect," and areas near to God as men are." He added that, "animals have the breath of life and were given it by God. In this respect, man created by the hand of God is identical with all living creatures. ... The existence therefore of all living creatures depends on the living spirit/breath of God that not only creates but also sustains and renews the face of the earth."

I have heard of several people who suffered cardiac arrest state that their deceased dogs stayed with them until the doctors were able to bring them back to life. One of these was the chaplain at the hospital where my sister worked.

I know that when I die, my Chesterboy will be the first to meet me. Few humans could have the poor upbringing that Chester did and still be able to love as wholly and unconditionally as he was able. If that isn't good enough to enter heaven, then I know I have no chance of getting there.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest dragontearz

I'm not religious at all, but one of the things that got me through losing Guinness was everyone here on Greytalk, and the Rainbow Bridge Poem talking about seeing him again someday and being reunited...the thought of seeing Guinness again someday STILL gets me through rough days I might have despite not being religious and not believing in an afterlife and that when it's done it's done, and the few dreams I've had of Guinness and Oberon playing tug of war with stuffies surely helped, whether it was my brain trying to tell me to make peace with it already, or if it was Guinness actually telling me he approved and he was happy with us adopting Obie...

I'm so sorry your time together was so short-I was trying to adopt another dog but was placed with Guinness instead about six years ago-I had him for over five years, but the dog I was trying to get died not six months after he was adopted, I think of cancer...life is short, whether for us or them..live it well, remember the good times, forget the bad, and hopefully soon tears from the loss will be replaced with smiles from all the good times, however brief they may have been.

Edited by dragontearz

I'm so sorry you lost your girl so soon. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Oh, what a tragic loss! Doubly so because she was so young, and you didn't have nearly enough time with her. I think it's even harder, because you've also lost that expectation that you would have her until she grew old, so you are dealing with that feeling of being "cheated" as well. Please remember that they live in the moment, and though our time together is always too short, whether it be months or years, they only know that when they are with you, they are loved. I feel that that love is an energy which is stronger than the physical body. To me, if we cannot reunite with those we've loved, human or animal, it would be too sad to bear.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Harmony.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest KennelMom

I'm Buddhist and believe in past and future lives, but not necessarily in the "Western" sense of reincarnation...I believe our energy continues on in some other form...combines with other energy and forms new lives. Kinda like waves on the ocean...each wave is distinct and unique, but each wave ends. The water and energy that made up that wave doesn't cease to exist, it just moves on to become new/different waves. I also believe certain energies are always drawn to each other so, in that sense, it's possible that I will "see" my past pets again.

I am certain of it. The only way I could move forward after Slim crossed was to realize that he was with me still-and he is- he still communicates with me-it is a different way but it is. God Himself told me that Slim didn't die, that only his body did. I believe we are all in reality spirit beings who may or may not be in an earth body. Like one of the posters above I know that Slim will be THE ONE, the one waiting to help me across when it is my time to do so. He has done the same for some other of my houndies.

My deepest sympathy on Harmony. I'm so sorry she had to go. Slim was young when he crossed too and I know how it hurts so. Maybe she'll send you a sign and let you know she is OK.

So sorry for you loss. I sure hope we see all our dogs waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge. I had seen a psycic a few years ago and she had said all my dogs were waiting for me, the part that got me was she discribed them and even had the name of one. That gave me hope we will see all our loved ones.

My heart hurts for you...so very sorry for your loss...

I absolutely do believe we will see our loved ones again....I never waver with that belief...my daddy, Jakey(our 15 year old kitty)come to me a lot in my dreams just so vividly...and they are always okay..always happy...always peaceful...that helps my heart feel a little bit better about not being able to touch them anymore...

Guest OurGreytLife

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my first grey, Marty, at the age of 5 to cancer. Then my second grey, Jaya, to a freak back injury. She just turned 5 also. I understand the pain of losing them too young.

The Rainbow Bridge poem tears me up every time I read it. But I would like to think that is how it will be for me and my dogs. I miss them more than words can say.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 She was much too young.

Godspeed Harmony.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Absolutely I believe. One of my most fave quotes is "What we see depends mainly on what we look for." John Lubbock. So yeah, I believe it.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm Buddhist and believe in past and future lives, but not necessarily in the "Western" sense of reincarnation...I believe our energy continues on in some other form...combines with other energy and forms new lives. Kinda like waves on the ocean...each wave is distinct and unique, but each wave ends. The water and energy that made up that wave doesn't cease to exist, it just moves on to become new/different waves. I also believe certain energies are always drawn to each other so, in that sense, it's possible that I will "see" my past pets again.

This is my belief too. Actually I read an article about this written by a vet who talked about everything in this universe is energy and so our beloved pets are always here in this universe in some form. I like to think of Bailey as a gentle breeze that caresses me when I am really hot and sweaty, or the ice I slipped on. :lol But I love Heather's analogy about the energies that are drawn to each other especially since Bailey was "my" girl and only trusted DH and I in this world.

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross