Blitzkrieg "blitz" 8 May 2001 - 11 August 2010

Guest Blitzkrieg

Guest Blitzkrieg

1 year ago today i had to say goodbye to my buddy Blitz

i brought him home from Hinsdale where i worked in August of 2007

he raced a bit at Lincoln and Raynham before coming to Hinsdale in 2003

he ran for 2 years at Hinsdale and got into A grade

the during the summer of 2004 he ran a 30.66 - which is pretty fast for Hinsdale

he was a quiet gentle boy and was always smiling

he loved to run - the day i brought him home he slipped his collar and made a b-line for the road

he was a 1/2 mile away and running around 30-35 mph before i caught up him in the car -(got a harness after that until i border trained him)

everyday when i let him out he would got the the furthest corner of the yard and run full tilt to the opposite end -not chasing anything just to run

he took a liking to my female St.Bernard Blaze (whom he often used as a pillow)

they played together quite a bit - it was comical to watch her futilely try to catch a dog 10 times faster than her

he was super friendly to anyone who stopped by - everyone adored him

he didnt particularly like riding in the car and he hated hardwood floors

he would never take food even from your hand - you had to set it on the floor or in his bowl for him

he loved to play in the yard or just to hang out with me at night, watch tv and share some ice cream

sadly in the spring of 2010 Blitz and Blaze in a hurry to go out got tangled up and fell down the stairs

they were a little sore for a few days, but seemed ok, but a short time later they both had lumps on their legs

a trip the the vet confirmed my worst fear..osteo both of them

given their ages and the vets poor prognosis i choose just to give them tramadol and wait for the day

within a month Blitz' leg was swollen up like a grapefruit and i knew it was time - Blaze lingered on for a few more months

i buried them next each other and planted a rose on each grave - today when i visited them Blitz' rose had a pink bloom... its 1st

Blitz - you had a light in your eyes and smile on your face that could brighten any day - i love you and part of you will always be with me

i hope you and Blaze are together at the bridge waiting for me

020.jpg

Blitz-5-Copy.jpg

Blitz-2.jpg

Blitz-4.jpg

BlitzBlaze-2009.jpg

Blitz-2010.jpg

TeslaBlitz-2.jpg

:grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Hugs to you today.

Rest well, Blitz and Blaze.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

How sad to lose two like that. Both of your dogs were very beautiful.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Always remembered, always loved. He was a beauty and is now racing with Blaze over the bridge and one day you will see him again.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:grouphug Oh my those pictures tell it all :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry for the loss of both of your hounds. Blitz's photos are beautiful. May you find comfort in your memories.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

• 1 year later...

Rest well, handsome.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Happy birthday to rooooo

Happy birthday to ROOOOooooo

Happy birthday dear Blitz

Happy birthday to rooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sung in 5 part harmony by the Heavenly Gemtones: Topaz, Pearl, Diamond, Onyx and Crystal.

:grouphug

:grouphug The blooming rose is a beautiful sign.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

A most beautiful remembrance of a very special boy. Love the pic of him curled up with Blaze. Thank you for sharing his memory with us once more. He will never be forgotten and will be loved always. God bless.