Osteo Thread

Good thoughts for Twiggy and Wendy her mom.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest juliagulia630

Hi Everyone, just checking in on your pups. Wendy, I'm sorry you are here but you are in great company. Kyle, so great to hear about Charlie!

Hi - I updated in my original Fungal / Osteo question thread, but will add here:

Twiggy's surgery yesterday went well, no complications. Dr. Cuoto talked to me before the surgery and his comments indicated that she has a good a situation (for osteo) as possible. I was very encouraged.

When I got her evening update yesterday, the woman working with Twiggy most closely said that Twiggy JUMPED UP to see her when she walked in the room! This was just hours after surgery!! :yay

This morning, they told me that she seems to have more energy and is doing well. I still don't know if I'll get to visit today, but I've got my fingers crossed!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

That is an awesome update! I am really hopeful you guys got the cancer early and have just gotten rid of it. I really can't say how much I admire you for planning ahead and taking swift action in the midst of such an emotional dx process. :bow2

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Fantastic news Wendy!!! Go Twiggy go!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest roselle

Hi - I updated in my original Fungal / Osteo question thread, but will add here:

Twiggy's surgery yesterday went well, no complications. Dr. Cuoto talked to me before the surgery and his comments indicated that she has a good a situation (for osteo) as possible. I was very encouraged.

When I got her evening update yesterday, the woman working with Twiggy most closely said that Twiggy JUMPED UP to see her when she walked in the room! This was just hours after surgery!! :yay

This morning, they told me that she seems to have more energy and is doing well. I still don't know if I'll get to visit today, but I've got my fingers crossed!

Twiggie you flippied my wiggie, GO GIRL :banana:bounce1:yay:offwall

Guest azlorenz

That is amazing! Way to go Twiggy.

Crap :( Sirocco_Nikki just posted that Nikki is at the evet. She was standing outside and her leg broke. Of course my mind automatically goes to osteo :(

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Checking for a Twiggy update and hoping she continues to make a good recovery from her surgery.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Bee Wiseman! :weep :weep :weep :weep :weep Really really sorry you have to join this club! Please know that we're here for you and Bee and your family.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

To have a positive update, Dude is seven months post amp today, with every indication he will continue doing great for the forseable future. He's tolerating the meds well and getting around nearly as well as before. We have our next chest xray and bloodwork in September.

Hugs to everyone :grouphug

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest roselle

Bee Wiseman was diagnosed with osteo this week. We are devastated. :(

Tricia, I'm so sorry for Bee's diagnosis. I remember well the day Grace was diagnosed. It was something I never want to go through again. Get ready for a battle, you can fight this. Hugs to you and kisses to Bee. Thinking of you. :hope:clover:grouphug

Bee Wiseman! :weep :weep :weep :weep :weep Really really sorry you have to join this club! Please know that we're here for you and Bee and your family.

To have a positive update, Dude is seven months post amp today, with every indication he will continue doing great for the forseable future. He's tolerating the meds well and getting around nearly as well as before. We have our next chest xray and bloodwork in September.

Not Bee as well :( :( :( . Hoping she has many happy, comfortable, sunny days with you, Tricia.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh no! :(

Dammit, I hate cancer.

Excellent Dude!!

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

I'm so sorry to hear of Bee Wiseman, too. I know how devastated you must be, it is such a shock.

Hoping Nikki's turns out to be "just" a bad break.

Yay for Dude!

They may want to send Twiggy home tommorow. She's off IV meds, and they are weaning her off IV fluids. I'd like her here at least through Sat. since we're a distance away. She was still pretty out of it when I visited her yesterday, but looking good! They have a busy surgery day today, so probably no visits today.

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Oh no, Tricia. :cry1 I'm so sorry to see you in here. :grouphug Any idea whether you will amputate or do palliative care? We're here for you whichever route you choose.

Glad to hear Twiggy continues to do well! I think it's smart of you to keep her there a bit longer given your drive back if you're able to.

:yay for Dude!! Glad there is some positive mixed in with the bad news today.

:goodluck that Nikki doesn't have osteo. I would hate to see her mom back in this thread so soon. :(

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest zombrie

I don't normally come to this thread, because it's just too sad for me. But I came here because I sent this thread someone whose dog was recently diagnosed with Osteo and wanted information.

I am so sorry to hear about Bee Wiseman's diagnosis, Tricia. And I am so sorry for everyone who is dealing with this, my heart goes out to you all.

Nikki is gone. :cry1