Osteo Thread

Guest juliagulia630

My heart is breaking for you Roselle. It is such a terrible disease. James had the same big breath. It was as if the weight of carrying this disease and trying to rally to stay with us forever was lifted. She is running, pain free, with all four legs now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry Roselle :grouphug I know exactly how you feel, unfortunately :(

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest roselle

Roselle, I know how you feel. The hardest part for me for a really long time was my drive home from work because I knew Neyla wouldn't be greeting me at the top of the steps barking with excitement to see me, before she'd take off to do sprints up and down the condo. :cry1

I remember your posts, and you had a hard time coming home. We all have empathy but you never know what will sting the most when it's your turn to go through it. I found out we all have a turn. CANCER SUCKS :angryfire

Ah, James and Grace.....I missed these sad passings while I was at Grapehounds. It's so hard to know that 2 more of our precious Greys have been lost to the monster.

Julia and Roselle, I am so sorry. You were wonderful, caring Moms who knew your Greys so well, and loved them enough to let them go when they told you it was time. My heart is breaking for you.

The family walks were the hardest for me. Winnie and I would always be ahead of Doug and the other dogs, my strong and stubborn Queen pulling me down the street, always eager to be moving forward, even on 3 legs.

Sending sympathy and hugs.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Ditto that - cancer SUCKS.

:(

:heart Godspeed to both James and Grace. :heart

Berkeley's first chemo appt is tomorrow. If you could toss a few "calming" thoughts Berkeley's way, it would be appreciated. I'm worried he's going to be more nervous at the vet now with the post-amp 'incident'...and I can't go with the DH tomorrow.

Princess had this funny little dance she would do when I came home - she would have her mouth wide open and it made me think of an alligator - that's how she got nickname "alligatey". I miss that dance something serious. She's been gone 4 months now. :(

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Was thinking about Berkeley, sending good thoughts his way for a smooth chemo visit tomorrow. :goodluck

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest roselle

Ditto that - cancer SUCKS.

:(

:heart Godspeed to both James and Grace. :heart

Berkeley's first chemo appt is tomorrow. If you could toss a few "calming" thoughts Berkeley's way, it would be appreciated. I'm worried he's going to be more nervous at the vet now with the post-amp 'incident'...and I can't go with the DH tomorrow.

Princess had this funny little dance she would do when I came home - she would have her mouth wide open and it made me think of an alligator - that's how she got nickname "alligatey". I miss that dance something serious. She's been gone 4 months now. :(

HUGS TO YOU BERKLEY. GRACE ALWAYS LOVED CHEMO BECAUSE OF THE ICE CREAM AFTER. I'LL BE THINKING OF YOU.

The Berk-man did good. :) Nervous, but not more than "usual" (according to the DH). Staples out and the vet was thrilled with his mobility and progress.

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Guest roselle

The Berk-man did good. :) Nervous, but not more than "usual" (according to the DH). Staples out and the vet was thrilled with his mobility and progress.

You go Berkley :yay

Guest roselle

I have Grace's meds I would like to offer to send if your pup is o them ( most are). Tramadol, Medacam, prednisone. I would love to see some pup have less pain on behalf of Grace. Contact me and we can arrange it.

AWESOME BERKELEY!!!!!!! :yay

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Sooo, they left a staple in. It has skin growing over it, and I barely noticed it so I'm sure that's why it was missed.

What now? Do I have to drag the poor guy back to the vet?

Sooo, they left a staple in. It has skin growing over it, and I barely noticed it so I'm sure that's why it was missed.

What now? Do I have to drag the poor guy back to the vet?

I think I'd call and ask them. Sam once had skin growing over staples. He screamed bloody murder when the tech started removing the staples. (Think "GSOD" with amplification.) If they normally do something sedative-like when Berk's getting chemo, maybe staple removal should wait until that visit?

(The tech called to the back for someone to bring him a staple remover. The nurse brought him, yes, an Office Depot staple remover. Wrong. He reminded her that they are, essentially, a paperless practice, with all records on the computer, so what would he be pulling paper-staples out of?)

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Perhaps someone near you has a staple remover? If it's really embedded, could spritz a little lidocaine (Bactine would work) on first.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I still miss coming home to Phene, and it's been two months. I realize that he was gone only 1.5 weeks after he was diagnosed, but that doesn't mean it wasn't hard on me or that I didn't experience the same emotions as others here.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Robin :grouphug

It doesn't matter how fast or how slow - losing them is just the hardest thing ever.

All our other dogs we've lost have been really quick. This is the first time we've had to contemplate losing one of them for months. Sometimes there's no other response but to cry.

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

We lost Princess 4 days after she was diagnosed with kidney disease. It was like a blink of an eye - here one day, gone the next. No situation makes it easier, that's for sure. :(

So, I'm going to get a staple remover and see what we can do at home. If needed, he has to be in on Thursday for bloodwork and we'll deal with it then, unless it starts to totally disappear into his skin or something freaky like that.

Here's the latest video, two weeks + 1 day post amp. B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ag8a8hGKsk

Berk :wub: He looks awesome! Unless the staple is bothering him I'd just wait until Thursday. If you have a proper medical staple remover, go for it (I personally would do it myself but if you don't feel comfortable you should be ok to wait I would think).

Robin, it doesn't matter how long you have with them after diagnosis, it hurts to lose them nonetheless. When I look back, I'm extremely thankful that we had as much time as we did. So, when it was time to say goodbye, at least I was able to say, "well kid, we had a good run," because we really did - we fought as hard as we could and did everything that was reasonable to do - no regrets.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I've been avoiding this thread due to James and Gracy passing. It's very hard even from afar to know another pup has been taken from us by this disease. I know Roselle and Julia are hurting right now and unfortunately there is not much I can do to reduce the pain other than provide words of support.

Berk, I am so very happy for you boy! You are doing fantastic, keep it up!

Update on Charlie Boy, we visited the vets this morning as it appears he has a bladder infection of some kind. Yesterday he was drinking a lot and peeing constantly and even pee'ed in the house which he only did when we first got him. So last night was a long one with him wanting to out often but we had some antibiotics and it seemed to get better around midnight. Well after $1400 bill....that includes another antibiotic, pepci AC, two Palladia ($700), urine tests, blood tests and xrays all is fine, is blood work actually looked the best ever! Even better actually, the lung x-rays showed totally clear!!! So we are happy about this.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Good update on Charlie! Hope he gets better soon! I hope Berkeley is doing OK after his chemo. An that all our other friends are well!

Dude is also holding his own. He's happy and has a good energy level, is eating well, and getting lots of attention. We don't go back to the onco until September for bloodwork and xrays.

I don't think I posted this here, but Dude is the Greyhound Gang's Loved Hound for August, courtesy of our wonderful friend Judy (4my2greys).

Dude is a Loved Hound!

Hugs to all!

I am so happy to hear that Charlie's X-rays were clear. :) Glad to hear the UTI cleared up, too. They are no fun. Lucy goes for her next chest X-ray next Friday and I am a nervous wreck already.

sig_border.jpg
Always missing our angel Lucy, a four year osteo survivor.

Guest azlorenz

Update on Charlie Boy, we visited the vets this morning as it appears he has a bladder infection of some kind. Yesterday he was drinking a lot and peeing constantly and even pee'ed in the house which he only did when we first got him. So last night was a long one with him wanting to out often but we had some antibiotics and it seemed to get better around midnight. Well after $1400 bill....that includes another antibiotic, pepci AC, two Palladia ($700), urine tests, blood tests and xrays all is fine, is blood work actually looked the best ever! Even better actually, the lung x-rays showed totally clear!!! So we are happy about this.

:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti

Way to go Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay for Charlie and his clear x-rays! Hope that UTI clears right up.

And :goodluck for Lucy.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."