Guest juliagulia630

Our vet is coming to our house tomorrow, Friday at 11am. He had a steak for dinner and ice cream for dessert. Please keep James in your thoughts that his passing is peaceful. I will post in rememberance when I can. Thank you all for your personal messages, thoughts, and prayers. I hope you have many more days with your dogs. They leave us too soon.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know one thing: James has a good and loving person by his side.

Many hugs to you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Our vet is coming to our house tomorrow, Friday at 11am. He had a steak for dinner and ice cream for dessert. Please keep James in your thoughts that his passing is peaceful. I will post in rememberance when I can. Thank you all for your personal messages, thoughts, and prayers. I hope you have many more days with your dogs. They leave us too soon.

I'm so sorry. :cry1 You've fought so hard for him and now you're giving him that one last gift in exchange for everything he's given you. I know it doesn't make it any less painful, but I hope you find some solace in knowing that. I will be thinking of you, James and your family tomorrow and hoping for a peaceful passing.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Julia,

I am so very sorry. Another angel has earned his wings, may James's passing be peaceful. We are all grieving with you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest roselle

Twister passed very peacefully yesterday. Her vet came to my house and did a wonderful job. Shelby and Joe were there to say goodbye. Shelby was very worried shortly after she reaber of your familylized that Twister had passed, but is doing much better now. My poor Joe is still suffering. He is clearly unhappy, hasn't wanted to eat, and has soft stools. He and Twister had taken to sleeping together for the last month. Joe would "spoon" Twisty and she was just the right size to fit easily under his chest and between his front and rear legs. I'm sure it doesn't help him that I am also mourning.

I have talked to OSU regarding all this and also about the thunderstorms on the way (Joe is extremely thunderphobic). They recommended adding some fiber to his diet, doing a 5 day course of metronidazole, and using valium before the storms. They don't want to risk dehydration and throw him into a spiral that would necessitate taking him off his chemo.

Jane

Jane, I'm so sorry Twiater had to go to the bridge. I haven't been able to read posts for a while and got on line today reluctantly to see how everyone is doing. Your pups have a loving home and caretaker hopefully this will give you some peace. You shared a life providing safety, love,good and bad times. Twister knows how fortunate she was. Let the memories you created with her help you through the morning process.

Hugs, Roselle and Gracy :gh_runner:bighug

Jane I am so sorry for your loss. I will always remember all the help you gave me and James while he was at OSU. Your dogs are so lucky to have you!

James is starting to go downhill. He started that dreaded cough yesterday, very sporadically. In fact, I really thought it was just something stuck in his throat. Then today he coughed up a quarter sized dark colored clump of tissue surrounded by blood. I can only imagine it is part of the tumor is his lung. He is not in any distress, resting comfortably, and eating well. We just got back from a nice walk and he tolerated it fine. I will put a call in to our vet in the morning. Anyone have any thoughts?

Hugs and prayers to you :bighug

Guest roselle

I fear we are close to the end. Took James to his favorite place last night after it cooled down, he swam a little but layed down right after. It was really peaceful. We sat there for over an hour just side by side.

Today his wrists look swollen despite steroids, his appetite has slowed down, and he is sleeping more. I have not heard any further coughing and he is breathing easy.

My vet is on vacation this week and I don't love his back up. Not sure I am going to have a choice if things continue to progress. Please keep James in your thoughts this week.

Julia, I have you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you and James

Roselle and Gracy :grouphug

Guest roselle

Julia, I'm so sorry James has to leave you. This is the most difficult act of love we make. My thoughts and prayers are with you. James have a peaceful trip to the bridge and run fast and free. :gh_runner:grouphug:weep

Guest juliagulia630

He is gone. It was peaceful and fast. James felt nothing but love as he passed away in the arms of my husband and myself. The vet came to our house and he died under his favorite tree in our back yard.

Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers. I will check in periodically to check on all of you. Your support has helped me more than you know.

Edited by juliagulia630

Julia, I am sorry. I wish he could have stayed longer but based on your previous post, it is obvious his time was near. He he was surrounded by love when he left and that is important. When the time comes, you will see him again as he was in that picture running to you with a big smile on his face.

Run free James, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

He is gone. It was peaceful and fast. James felt nothing but love as he passed away in the arms of my husband and myself. The vet came to our house and he died under his favorite tree in our back yard.

Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers. I will check in periodically to check on all of you. Your support has helped me more than you know.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry1

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest roselle

:bighug

I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry1

Run with the wind, James. Gentle hugs to your people, who will miss you forever and ever.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest roselle

Grace saw the vet this morning she has lung cancer in both lungs. What will it be like for her? Is there a treatment I should consider. She is having pain and even though she was taken off medicam because of kidney problems I'm putting her back on it to help with pain control. I'm numb I don't think it's sunk ing yet. My poor baby :brokenheart:weep

Grace saw the vet this morning she has lung cancer in both lungs. What will it be like for her? Is there a treatment I should consider. She is having pain and even though she was taken off medicam because of kidney problems I'm putting her back on it to help with pain control. I'm numb I don't think it's sunk ing yet. My poor baby :brokenheart:weep

Roselle, I'm so sorry. :grouphug

I don't know a whole lot about this part of the disease, but there was a good post recently in your other thread about not starting her back on an NSAID and instead trying prednisone along with Tramadol or Gabapentin to give her relief. I know that Julia was able to get some relief for James for a bit with the prednisone so you might talk to your vet about that.

Guest juliagulia630

I'm sorry Roselle. There is not a lot of research out there about timelines with lung mets. Our oncologist told us 4-6 weeks and James was around for 11 weeks. We did start him on 30mg of prednisone in his last 3 weeks and it really helped his inflammed joints and made his breathing easier. Once his joints swelled back up and his breathing changed we knew the prednisone stopped working.

A good piece of advice that I got was to count James' respirations while he was sleeping 2-3 times a week. That was a good objective way to see how things were progressing.

Realize that you are going to want to panic with every cough, sneeze, and pant. But now is the time to start her bucket list, bring her to her favorite places once it cools down at night and feed her, her favorite foods. Let me know if you need anything. I know what you are going through. It sucks.

Guest roselle

I am so sorry to be posting this and if it doesn't make sense it's because I can't see through my tears. I thought Grace would be another Arthur and live forever but it's not to be. We have been very fortunate to have her a year after diagnoses. She continues to go downhill very fast. She is having a hard time breathing, unable to stand without my help, not eating and crying out. She had a 60mg. prednisone injection which did nothing. I need to send her to the bridge. I am so sad and will miss her beauty and gentleness. :angryfire

I am so sorry to be posting this and if it doesn't make sense it's because I can't see through my tears. I thought Grace would be another Arthur and live forever but it's not to be. We have been very fortunate to have her a year after diagnoses. She continues to go downhill very fast. She is having a hard time breathing, unable to stand without my help, not eating and crying out. She had a 60mg. prednisone injection which did nothing. I need to send her to the bridge. I am so sad and will miss her beauty and gentleness. :angryfire

Oh Roselle, I am so sorry. :cry1 You fought very hard for Gracy and gave her another very happy year with you. I will be sending good thoughts that her passing is peaceful. Check in with us when you can. :grouphug

Crying along with you.................................... :grouphug

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

Guest roselle

Grace is gone. Grace went to the bridge this morning. I have to say that as heartbreaking as it is for me, seeing her relax when she was given the sedative was so relieving and I knew this was the right thing to do. It was very peaceful and quick. Driving into my garage after was the most difficult for me. Grace always had an excited bark when she heard my car and greeted me at the door with her little 3 legged dance. It's so lonely. Thank you all for all the support and love for my girl I will always have a special place in my heart for you. :gh_runner:brokenheart:weep

Roselle, I know how you feel. The hardest part for me for a really long time was my drive home from work because I knew Neyla wouldn't be greeting me at the top of the steps barking with excitement to see me, before she'd take off to do sprints up and down the condo. :cry1