Remembering Jed

Guest EmbersDad

Guest EmbersDad

it was a warm summer evening two years ago, the dogs had just returned from final turn out. jed came in and was experiencing some difficulty around his mouth. i thought he had something stuck. took a look, but nothing. he tried to get comfortable, went to his crate, but couldnt. he came out and began coughing, and then the fountain of blood. i called the vet and was directed to an emergency location. put the leash on jed and he did walk to the dogmobile and jumped in. we got to the vet, they did what they could, but my big, brindle boy slipped away. i curse myself for not getting a necropsy, but in my state, i wasnt thinking clearly.

ember sent jed to me, of that, i am certain. she knew his time was short. he was in foster care, and was uber stressed. he would destroy stuffies within seconds. indeed, i had to lock them away at home. a funny thing happened though, in the short time he was with me, he began to relax, soon, the stuffies were once again safe, and no longer needed to be put away. he began roaching, man, he loved to roach. he was a big affectionate boy, he could leap up and put his paw on your shoulder, and one on your waist, like doing a waltz, and lick your face off. we really didnt have the time to fully bond,but at least i was able to remove the stress from his life.

he also was responsible for one of mama caffie's dogs, craigie skillful, finding a forever couch. she and i talked about naming him, i wanted to continue in the grateful dead vein, but the more we talked, i tossed about the idea of naming him after jed, who raced as jd town hero. with mama caffie's blessing, we called him hero, and a mender of a broken heart he did become.

i miss u jed, and love you more than you know. until my time is up, and we meet at the bridge, run free and watch for me, ill be there someday and we will stay together....

love, daddyman :brokenheart:wub::angelwings

2lsd73r.jpg

the day he arrived

25gxiti.jpg

she protested once, and that was it. snuggling within a day

25ko1z7.jpg

snuggling with althea within a day of arriving

bhlz61.jpg

finally stress free and relaxing

2ufavjk.jpg

he loved roaching

1zmzak7.jpg

playing with althea

1rytld.jpg

i miss u buddy, until we meet again :gh_run

Edited by EmbersDad

I remember your handsome boy and your unexpected loss. He will be waiting for you, I'm sure of that.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So handsome. It seems like much less than two years and at the same time, impossibly long ago.

I'm sorry he had to leave you so soon.

Rest well, Jed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Can't believe it's been two years already. I remember that night :cry1

Tom :grouphug :grouphug Jed was a beautiful soul. :heart When I think of him, it's always in the roaching position :blush

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest IrskasMom

Tom ,I remember so well. That horrid Day,has it been that long already :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

BTW Tom , I miss your Post's :sad1 and your Presence here :nod

Edited by IrskasMom

I remember him as well :( :( :(

sending many, many hugs to you :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I will never forget the sucker punch in the gut two years ago. He will be waiting for you.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I can't believe that it is two years already. I remember it as if it were just a few weeks ago. We all shared your shock, Tom, to lose Jed who so clearly had been sent to heal the hurt of losing Ember. His story, and your strength will not soon be forgotten.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I remember Jed as well...he pssed only one day after my beloved Ivy-Blue. They leave too big holes in one's heart. Whar a beautiful boy he was...

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.