Good Thoughts Needed For Garry Please

I haven't been on GT in quite a while...all was good. A few weeks ago Garry (10 year old) starting having trouble going up the stairs again. This was the behavior we saw after he fell down the stairs and vet felt he hurt his neck. At that time she suggested acupuncture. It helped. He was doing fine. When he started doing the same thing on the stairs (starting and stopping at bottom step) I had acupuncture after speaking with vet. he had 2 treatments and seemed to improve after each one..then regressed. He had been favoring his left front leg. I finally found a small corn on his left front paw. That was hulled Tuesday evening. Still painful after hulling. Vet said to give him a couple days...this morning he will not put his left leg down, is limping badly, tripping and would not take his walk (his favorite activity. My vet is away until next week..but we are going in this AM to see another vet. I am very worried...I am guessing they will x-ray. This behavior is scarily similar to the way my girl Sicily behaved when she started with a spinal tumor.

I have already made the decision if there is cancer not to amputate. He is a nervous dog...I think such a trauma would be too much for him to handle. I am hoping I don't have to make this decision.

Please keep him in your prayers. He is a sweet sweet boy.

Good thoughts for Garry! I hope it's not serious.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

sending postive thoughts!!!!! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Good thoughts for Gary.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

We are back. I saw the very grey saavy vet. I guess I am relieved. Obviously the corn that was hulled Tuesday is much deeper. He said he walked like a dog in pain from a corn. He SCREAMS when the pad is touched. Rest of exam seemed ok..full range of neck motion. He didn't feel it was necessary to x-ray. He suggested surgical removal of the corn..hopefully without having to take his toe. Garry already had his left rear toe removed due to a bad corn. He also suggested I could try a thera paw if I didn't want to do surgery right away.

He can do the surgery tomorrow. we are supposed to go out of town for one night..Saturday. either way I feel bad leaving him home in pain. I will send my husband alone if I decide to do surgery tomorrow. otherwise can wait until any day next week.

Does anyone have experience with thera paws.

thank you!

Oh Donna, just seeing this. I called for an appointment for my foster. I didn't know MB was away. I didn't give her permission. Was Friedman in ?

RE: Garry- I understand those corns can be very painful. Teddy had one removed last Sat and he is still favoring and holding it up.

Keeping Garry in my prayers.

I have the therapaws. T hates them.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh Donna, just seeing this. I called for an appointment for my foster. I didn't know MB was away. I didn't give her permission. Was Friedman in ?

RE: Garry- I understand those corns can be very painful. Teddy had one removed last Sat and he is still favoring and holding it up.

Keeping Garry in my prayers.

I have the therapaws. T hates them.

HI Robin. Unfortunatly we are too experienced with corns. Garry already had a toe on his back left foot removed due to a nasty corn. Now it is the left front. Missy goes regularly to be hulled....sucks.

Yes, Dr. Friedman is in. He will be operating on Garry tomorrow.

Guest Adrianne

I am so sorry Garry has such a painful corn. Yes, corns are evil!

Chevy does very, very well with his TheraPaw boot. He walks normally on hard surfaces when he's wearing it, and we can walk almost three miles. Having said that, it doesn't sound like Chevy's corn is as painful to him as Garry's is to him. I handle his paw every day, hull his corn myself, and he only acts mildly irritated at the fuss. I know someone else whose boy has such large and numerous corns that he doesn't get a whole lot of relief from the TheraPaws.

I couldn't live without mine.

I brought Garry home about an hour ago....but he will going back first thing in the morning..he bled through his bandage. Vet said as long as he is not actively bleeding to keep him calm tonight and go back in the morning. He is SO groggy getting him back in the car tonight would be next to impossible. Otherwise it seems all went well. Vet removed the corn and did a dental since he was out and blood work was done. This is his second bad corn that needed surgery...the others I can hull myself. at least they didn't have to take a second toe off. My poor guy looks so sad and out of it.

We are a corn family..my female gets bad ones as well. also had one toe removed. She will NOT let me even touch her feet..she is a witch! So each time she goes off to the vet.

I am thinking of getting the therapaws.

Thank you for all the good thoughts!

Donna

Oh my word. Sending best wishes for quick healing.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I hope Garry heals quickly! Poor boy, corns can be so painful for them.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.