Join Us In Welcoming Gus To Our Family!

Many of you know that we lost our beloved DOC to Osteosarcoma cancer on May 11th. Rainy needed a new friend, and we needed another goofy boy in our home to help heal our hearts.

We "found" Trigger - aka Solitary Trigger here on Greytalk. We had been following the thread on him for a couple months that Iris (cowpantslady) had posted here for Grateful Greyhounds, trying to find this handsome hound a forever home. Like Doc before him, he was on Long Island New York, being fostered until a forever home could be found for him.

This is the picture of him that won my heart:

trigger.jpg

We arranged to run a GUR over Memorial Day weekend. Iris and Donna (his foster mom) would bring him from New York to Danbury Ct, wherre they would meet up with Nancy (GreyWrangler) and a couple of her friends, and then they would meet us In Ohio at a La Quinta Inn. We planned on staying over Sunday night and driving the 5 1/2 hours back home to Michigan the next day.

Here is a couple photos from when we met up at the La Quinta Inn. Nancy is on the Left in the photos, I wish I could remember the name of the gals that rode with her to deliver GUS to us .... but the excitement of the day was too much ... LOL. Myself and my husband Mike are on the Right, and that beautiful brindle girly is Rainy.

P5290096.jpg

P5290097.jpg

Nancy and her two friends had presented GUS with a lovely American Flag martingale collar - so he was very stylish for the Memorial Day weekend!

We changed "Trigger's" name to GUS - after GUS in the movie Lonesome Dove. Here are a couple photos of him in our yard - in the new Life Jacket we purchased for him. We live on a river, and so he is wearing his life jacket whenever he is loose in the yard - until we know for sure he won't walk off of the seawall into the 8' deep water just on the other side. He looks really cute in it - almost like a giant bumble bee.

P6050107.jpg

P6050108.jpg

We took Gus with Rainy to the state championships of the Special Olympics on Saturday ( just after having him home 5 days!) so he could have his try at being a Therapy dog. We plan on training him and getting him certified throught TDI, like Rainy is. He did an outstanding job - and I'll post photos in another thread later today. He really impressed every one in my Therapy Dog group - they think he's a natural! He looked so nice in his new "Therapy Dog in Training" bandana.

Edited by FountainLady

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

it was my pleasure to be involved to getting gus to his forever home

things so happen for a reason

i rarely get time to go on greytalk

grateful does not do long distance adoptions. the longest distance had been 2 hours and even that one a home visit was done by a gg'er

when doc was in foster i put him on greytalk more as an info post

corey fell in love she contacted our president and lisa couldn't have been more impressed

i hadn't been on greytalk for a while but again posted about trigger aka gus

i had not even seen the post about doc at that point but when i saw it i was devasted, never ever thinking doc would work his magic and connect corey with gus

i posted on greytalk about trigger aka gus hoping someone would know someone in ny, nj or ct

gus is a character his foster family misses him so he kept them on there toes as he will with corey

hugs and may you have many years of joy and fun together

Iris

www.ligc.org

Congratulations!

Welcome home Gus!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Congrats!!! I was waiting for this post. I thinking Gus is a beautiful hound and obviously he has found a greyt home. Enjoy your forever home Gus!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Oh how wonderful he looks wub.gif "giant bumble bee" lol.gif. Welcome home Gus!!!! confetti.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest BlueCrab

So glad Gus has found his forever home (but sorry about Doc as well...). I, too, fell in love with that picture of him looking up at the camera. Such a face!

Guest goofydog

Oh Cory, you, Mike and Rainey so deserve to be happy again! I am thrilled with your post and look forward to hearing and seeing more of your new adventures with handsome Gus added to the mix.

Toni

Good job finding Gus, Doc!

How is Rainy taking the new addition?

Rainy is quite happy to have Gus with us. She finally started eating her meals good again, her appetite is back! :clap

They greeted each other with wagging tails when they met, and they have been 100% comfortable with each other since.

Yes .... Doc lined him up before he even left us. He knew we would need help to heal our hearts, so he made sure it would happen before he left this world.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Wonderful pictures. Congratulations!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest rjleaman

This is so perfect. I lost my Casey to osteosarcoma last summer so really can feel for you & yours; Gus is a lucky pup (with a snazzy wardrobe) and how wonderful you all have each other now!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest UpperHandAndy

What a wonderful end to the story! He looks like a sweetie and I'm sure Rainy is happy to have a fur friend around again. Hope he does wonderers in healing ALL of you!!

I am not sure how I missed this but Gus has been in my thoughts.... I wanted to get him from the first time I saw him! :wub: But the inn was full and he was too far away!!!!!! :( I am so happy he got a Great home!!!!!! I wish you all a lot of happiness!!!!!!!!! Gus you hit the jack pot!!!!! :confetti:confetti:confetti Please keep us posted with pics! :)

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter