My Big Vinny Has Lymphoma

Guest FrostyBottoms

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just logged on. I am in utter shock. I can't believe it.

Jeannie - I don't know what to say right now other than I am desperately sorry.

:ohno:weep:cry1 :cry1

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

{{{{{{{{{{Jeannie & family}}}}}}}}}}

Run with the wind, Big V.

:(

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest FrostyBottoms

I am un utter shock too. My vet told me Wednesday night that his bloodwork looked like he may have cancer in his gi tract, lymphoma. I told her no...that I though the lymes disease was rearing it's head, and I justified it with similar symptoms that he had last year....she urged me to take him to the internist, Wednesday night he was up all night drinking & urinating..so I called the vet in the morning, again she urged me to bring him to the internist,,,she then said, maybe it was Addison's disease...maybe she said that so I would take him in believing that...because I really believed it was just going to be Addison's disease. Well...it wasn't. The internist took my son & I into the ultrasound room to show us how awful it was...he had several huge solid & fluid filled tumors, and many smaller ones...they wrapped around and infiltrated his intestines...it looked so painful. He told me they were not prepared for what they saw after observing Vinny for a few hours & looking at his bloodwork. He never yelped during the proceedure until they were taking him off of the ultrasound table. I feel like I'm going to vomit. He must have been in so much pain. He started screaming last night, he was inconsolable...we planned on doing it Saturday, but we couldn't make him wait....My Vinny passed at around 10:45 last night. I don't know how I have any tears left, I am devastated.

Oh, Jeannie, I am so very sorry. weep.gifbrokenheart.gif I know, there's no words that will make your pain go away, but

know you & your family are in my thoughts & prayers & we love you. grouphug.gif

Call or write if you need to talk, sweetie. Hugs & prayers to you. Please give Frosty a kiss for me. heart.gif

heart.gifrungrey.gif VINNY rungrey.gifheart.gif

It really sounds like he wasn't in pain until last night when the meds started wearing off. Those things can grow and change so hideously fast ..... Even so you never expect to see those things in a young robust-seeming dog.

Sharing your shock and sorrow here.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am sincerely sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. Run free, handsome boy.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest SoulsMom

Just sitting at my desk at work weeping. This is what my vet was worried was going on with Soul when he had his HGE blowouts. I had the pleasure of meeting Vinny, one of the best greyhounds I've ever know. Such a terrible, tragic loss :weep:weep

I HATE YOU CANCER!!!

We just got the word, I am so so sorry. Know you're in our thoughts and prayers, and please give ArchE's Frosty a gentle hug. Two very big losses, my heart breaks.

God speed big boy, Mama Lass was there with you so you did not cross alone.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so very very sorry. I as well just opened this thread and cannot believe he is gone. Vinny was a stunning boy.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

OH MY GOD. NO. NO NO.

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so verry sorry. I wish I could offer more comfort than those poor words

Edited by MarcR

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)