Made In China

Guest BrianRke

145 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feed your hounds any products made in China?

Guest BrianRke

I carefully search all packaging for the Made in China stamp. A lot of times they try to hide it or put "A USA Company" on the lable, even though it was made in China. Does anyone else do this? Am I just paranoid? I wouldnt want to take the chance.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As hard as it is to do, I try to buy nothing from China. Period.

It's not feasible for most electronics, but we do try to research other things and find an alternative. Food of any type, human or doggy, no way!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest BleuDog

I'm VERY careful, too......

BUT..........

the treats like chicken jerky (originates in China) that Costco and Many other fine dog supply places carry-----if it has been irradiated........I think one is OK, for humans and puppers........

Guest Greytluv

I'm VERY careful, too......

BUT..........

the treats like chicken jerky (originates in China) that Costco and Many other fine dog supply places carry-----if it has been irradiated........I think one is OK, for humans and puppers........

This is the only think I feed my hounds from China. Otherwise I don't feed anything from China.

Definitely not and a huge NO WAY!

I wish everyone in this country could boycott Made in China crap. Unfortunately, that's very hard to do. Remember the days when WallyWorld bragged about having only American Made merchandise? Sam must be spinning in his grave these days.

Edited by pabozem

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Guest happygrey

I carefully search all packaging for the Made in China stamp. A lot of times they try to hide it or put "A USA Company" on the lable, even though it was made in China. Does anyone else do this? Am I just paranoid? I wouldnt want to take the chance.

Hardly paranoid. I can't remember what the food item is, but there's some new issue with something undesirable that just popped up again in their food or drug supply. I'm too lazy to try and google it and find it, but it's just in the last couple of days. I feel that if they can't keep their own citizens from eating (and dying) from poisons in their food, who knows what is making it out of the country? :blink:

Definitely no treats or dog food for us that is made or sourced in China.

I also won't buy anything knowingly labeled as coming from China for us to eat. I find you've REALLY got to watch it at Trader Joes. They source a lot from China.

Guest sheila

heck no! They poison their own babies over there. I normally don't get excited about the little things but when I read that companies were substituting/adding toxic things to the formula they fed their own children that was all she wrote.

Guest june

I don't buy or feed my girls treats made in China. Occasionally I'll have someone bring a bag of treats for the girls that have been made in China and I re-home the treats to someone who doesn't mind if it is made in China. I have to add that I don't feed my girls very many store bought treats at all. I bake dog biscuits, dry yams with my dehydrator and freeze dry liver for treats for my girls. They also get things like hard-boiled eggs, tiny bits of hot dog and pieces of boiled chicken. They do get the occasional Milk Bone because they absolutely love them, but I stay away from products made in China.

june

Mine love the dried strips of chicken. So now I buy them from www.konachips.com where the chickens, the food they eat, the processing of the treats, the whole works is in the USA. If I see China on a dog treat I skip it.

And your right about Trader Joe's. I picked up a pack of tilapia from the frozen section and it was from China. Didn't buy it.

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

They are still having serious problems with control of their own food supply there. Melamine in baby formula, added to milk for human consumption, lead in toys sent out of country, and who knows what other crud. If they don't mind adding it to food they keep in their own country, I certainly can't see them caring if it ends up in the US or any other foreign country!

I do have to admit that I don't feed many treats to the dogs, though. Their food is USA made [Taste of the Wild] and they say they don't use stuff from China [have to hope they're "truthin" on that], and treats are chicken feet, turkey necks, pieces of fresh meat from our foodlines, so they're pretty much not getting stuff from China.

Guest sheila

for treats my dogs are over the moon for plain old cheapo hot dogs. I cut them up into bite size pieces. You can also nuke the pieces till they are 'chewy'. Yes they are salty and all that, but since it's just little bites and given just as a treat I don't think it's going to harm them.

Guest BrianRke

Mine like hotdogs too but I usually give them the Kosher beef ones as pork does not agree with my hounds.

You aren't paranoid. "Distributed by" is another no-no for me.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Not only do I do my best to not feed my hounds or myself anything made in China, when I was buying new dishes I rejected any that were made in China. (so mine were made in Indonesia, but at least it's not China)

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Guest FordRacingRon

Not only do I do my best to not feed my hounds or myself anything made in China, when I was buying new dishes I rejected any that were made in China. (so mine were made in Indonesia, but at least it's not China)

I voted no too. This a bove r eply sounds like me t hough. My DW and myself deliver Meals On Wheels in our city and yesterday we had our annual volunteers party. We all got a coffee mug with t he logo on it I looked a t the bottom of the cup and it is made in China. Don't want to use it now.

I too gave up the Costco chicken strips for Konaschips also.

Guest meggera

I'll be honest, since we just got our girl I hadn't even considered this. Now I am very interested to go search through the treats I have for her to see exactly were they came from!

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing from China ever! I don't feed many treats anyway. I prefer to give a piece of hard bread than strange treats from Asia which could contain even dog skin or whatever...

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

I don't buy or feed my girls treats made in China. Occasionally I'll have someone bring a bag of treats for the girls that have been made in China and I re-home the treats to someone who doesn't mind if it is made in China. I have to add that I don't feed my girls very many store bought treats at all. I bake dog biscuits, dry yams with my dehydrator and freeze dry liver for treats for my girls. They also get things like hard-boiled eggs, tiny bits of hot dog and pieces of boiled chicken. They do get the occasional Milk Bone because they absolutely love them, but I stay away from products made in China.

june

Sorry for the hijack but how do you freeze dry liver?

• 3 weeks later...