Springtime Inc. Users

I have been using Fresh factors and joint health tabs for quite a while. recently springtime added boswellia to the joint health tabs. Since this change I have noticed those tablets are much harder..I cannot break them to crumble in the food and Missy (12 years old) with not the best teeth cannot chew them. I have started soaking them in warm water over night then adding them to her food. Has anyone else noticed this change? I am going to send an e-mail to springtime to ask them about it.

Guest Che_mar_Cody

I changed when Cody had his neck injury to Longevity..Love this and it's made a huge difference. It's in a ground up form which you can sprinkle over food or mix it in. I used to soak mine in water like alka selzer and poor over food.

does longevity have something in it that says helps not yellow lawns? if so, I think I had her on that and it changed the ph of her urine...she got a uti. She is prone to them. Unless I am thinking of something else...

Edited by dbullwinkel

I simply did the "down the hatch" method with our first greys.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Yes, I noticed the same thing, and since my boy doesn't have too many teeth he could not chew them anymore. He also has developed serious GI issues, possibly IBD. We don't know if they are the cause, but it is one of the things that had changed in his diet recently. I'm upset because I bought A LOT of it!

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

I still have a couple of bottles of the joint health tabs that I ordered some time ago...now I'm worried that when I need to reorder that my pups won't react well to the additional ingredient. The joint health tabs are so helpful for them so I hope that won't be the case.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Ducky called them when she got her first batch and they said "they were working on it". I find it silly that every morning I start out with a hammer and supplements :lol

I hammer them and mix them in with the food.

Checked with acupuncture vet and she said the added ingredient is fine.

I guess hammering is still easier than giving three separate supplements.

Call them. I wonder if enough of us call, they will either take out the added ingredient and offer it separately, or find a way to make them not so hard!

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

I use a mortar and pestle on some of the Springtime supplements.

Deuce (Grey) does not like the StressFree, so it get smashed up and added to her wet kibble.

Danger (Grey) doesn't take treats from our hand. He will eat the FF's if I toss it to him. So I break up the StressFree and mix it in his kibble too.

Deuce wants her StressFree pulverized, Danger doesn't care.

Rocky ('Tzu) does not like the JointHealth, but eats his FreshFactor without an issue. JH gets smashed up and added to his food.

Dessie and Disco eat their Springtime's as an appetizer while I am making their dinner.

All the greyhounds get other supplements with their kibble, like fish oil, Vit E and borage caps and some other pills. That stuff is just tossed in their kibble and they eat it right down. Deuce prefers the melatonin that is strawberry flavored. :rolleyes: Disco perfers his "extras" are in the bowl of StonyField French Vanilla yogurt. The others don't care as long as the yogurt is in the bowl also. They all think blueberry or low/fat-free yogurt is poison!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

Wendy, I'm exhausted after just reading your post. :lol

I know! I can't even believe I typed all that crap out. :lol Tells you how bored I am at work. Though, my points were mortar and pestle; not that expensive. Buy one. And not all dogs like the Springtime products. There is palatable differences between them.

I break the new Joint Health tabs in four little pieces since they're scored and easy to break and hide them in their food- yogurt works great. I don't want Springtime to take the bosweilla out becasue I believe I have seen an improvement in Cash since the switch to the new formula. Everybody likes their Fresh Factors and they will eat as if a treat; some eat the Joint tabs like a treat; but it is too hard for Cash to eat whole but she does eat it broke in fourths and hid in food. Its super great stuff and I'll do wahtever i have to to get them inside of 'em.

Edited by racindog

I would be very surprised if you did not get an email back from someone at Springtime. I had 2 1/2 jars of the Longevity that I gave Brandi. When Brandi crossed to the bridge I contacted them and asked if I could send back the two unopened containers and get a refund and they said yes and they also had a prorate refund for the opened container. I did not end up having to send them back as a GT person bought them from me.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

I did get a reply Wednesday morning, but somehow did not see it! They have changed the formula to be softer...and even offered to replace current version free of charge!!! I have to place an order anyway because we need fresh factors..It is SO nice to deal with helpful companies that stand behind their products!! :colgate

I did get a reply Wednesday morning, but somehow did not see it! They have changed the formula to be softer...and even offered to replace current version free of charge!!! I have to place an order anyway because we need fresh factors..It is SO nice to deal with helpful companies that stand behind their products!! :colgate

Replace? Wow! I'm calling them Monday.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest greytfulhounds

YES!! :angryfire I am having the same issue....just finished my old bottle & opened the first of two 1,000 count bottles I recenlty received. I use a really sharp knife to cut them along the scored area but it takes a lot of effort even with the knife. I was going to call them this week. My six dogs get 2 a day & this is really a pain!! I used to buy the horse size bucket of the Joint Health in a powder form & may go back to using that when I finish these two bottles.

Received the new order yesterday. You can now break the Joint Health with your hands :yay

And, I still have to mix them with canned food :lol

A hammer work well with the old ones :) I put them in a ziploc and hammer away.....

Glad to hear this, my order should come this week. I can give the rest of the hard ones to Fletcher, he swallows them without chewing anyway :rolleyes:

Can you all explain what changes/improvements your greys have had with these supplements? How long did it

take to see results? My 12.5 boy, Pistol, is on 1500mg daily of human grade glucosamine HCL and MSM already. And he eats EVO food. Do you all recommend the joint health & fresh factors? Thanks for your input.

Kathryn, “Broadway” BW’s Broadway: Shaggy Bessie x Jimbo Red Rose, & "Ellie" Noah's Smelldog: Castor Troy x Mulberry Jade. My Angels "Sidney" Rainier Rapper: Rainier Ranger x Rainier Rapport (09/03/2001-2/26/2012); "Pistol" Tiowa Pistol: Rapido Rambo x My Roz (11/19/1998-8/02/2011); “Perry" Tiowa Perry: Rapido Rambo x My Roz (11/19/1998-6/09/2010); "Jackie" Mjp's Jackie: Joey Flint x Social Robin (6/12/1997-6/20/2008)