Hello From Wyoming

Guest chimni

Guest chimni

Hi all,

We just adopted 3 year old Sofia with the help of Friends of Retired Greyhounds in Colorado. We've had her for a little over a week so far and things have been going very well. Right after she was rescued from a track in Florida she went through the prison training program out here, so her manners are impeccable. We used a crate while we were out of the house the first few days, but she's so happy just snoozing on the sofa (hence her name, Sofia) that we've given her free reign with zero issues. She's been a good sport putting up with the cold Wyoming weather and she gets along fine with our 2 cats (who think they're the alphas in the family).

Jeremy

pals.jpg

sofes.jpg

Welcome to GT from Maryland - I love her spotty ears!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Welcome! Sofia looks like she's settled right in. :) My DH is from Casper & went to school in Laramie...

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

Welcome to you and Sophia! She's gorgeous and nice enough to let the cat think it's the alpha!

Welcome! Sofia looks like she's settled right in. :) My DH is from Casper & went to school in Laramie...

Wow, same with my DH (skipsailors on GT)! He misses Laramie SO much.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest Jodiesmom

Jeremy,

Glad to hear Sofia is doing so well. I volunteer with Friends of Retired Greyhounds, and just started doing adoptions. It is nice to hear how our babies are doing. Keep in touch.

Guest Liz_in_PA

Welcome to you and Sophia! She's gorgeous and nice enough to let the cat think it's the alpha!

Hah! I'll see your school in Laramie and raise you a school in Casper! Is Jeffrey's still in business? Sofia's lovely. Enjoy your new friend.

Hah! I'll see your school in Laramie and raise you a school in Casper! Is Jeffrey's still in business? Sofia's lovely. Enjoy your new friend.

NCHS! Mustangs!

oh, yeah, nice dog! Welcome!

I am a DH. Spencer and Shane are my dawgs. Mosby is The Cat. Greyhead is our wife (pronounced woof).

Guest chimni

Thanks for the warm greeting everyone!!! We're excited to be part of this community. Since we decided to foster Sofia before adopting, we haven't received all her paperwork yet, so I don't know what her racing name was. And her ear tattoos are so faint, it's hard to tell what they say.

And yes, Jeffrey's is still a great restaurant here. Probably one of the best, along with Sweet Melissa's.

Thanks again for saying hi!

Congratulations on your beautiful girl and welcome to Greytalk. :) My sister lives in Laramie and works at the university, by the way.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

She's adorable! Was her kennel name Speckles?

I ask because we just adopted our new guy Riley from FORG and I remember seeing a very similar-looking cutie named Speckles up for adoption at the same time.

Congratulations. :)

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest chimni

Yes, that's her. We really debated whether or not to change her name because that's what she's used to... but I kinda like people names more than physical description names. Congrats to you on your new adoption as well!