Grover's At The E-Vet

Guest hannahmom

Guest hannahmom

UPDATE - Grover slipped away between 7:30 and 8 AM. There was evidence of peritonitis,and he ran over the bridge while blood tests were being run to confirm that another surgery would be required.

I will post more when I can

Godspeed Grovie - your Mommy and Daddy miss you.

UPDATE Sunday, early evening.

Grover is coming out of the anesthesia and hs colour, vitals and blood work all look good

UPDATE Sunday late PM.

Grover is out of surgery and stoned out of his little puppy mind.

They found and removed the blockage along with 8 inches of necrotic bowel.

He ingested a pair of plastic food handler type of gloves. They got stuck just past his puppy appendix. They prevented blood flow to the bowel after the blockage and would have killed him left unremoved.

If everything goes perfectly, he might be home late tomorrow.

I'll call later tonight to get an update on how he's feeling.

Update. The vet called and the X ray clearlry shows a blockage. GG is in surgery as we speak.

Grovie was taken the the E-Vet @ 6 this morning when the mild nausea and vomiting turned into lethargy an inability to vomit although he wanted to and no food, significant water or poos for 24 hours.

His bloodwork looks good, and he's getng Sub-Q fluids and something to ease the pain before X-rays and a determination of what is making my perfect boy sick.We could have an abdominal blockage, which would mean surgery.

He is resting in moderate comfort - I am a wreck.

Any good thought you have that are not being used would be most appreciated.

A picture of his handsome self...

Thanks

Tena

Edited by hannahmom

Good thoughts for Grover! I hope everything turns out okay and he's back home on the mend in no time.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Oh, no! Sending all kinds of prayers, Tena.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Many good thoughts from all of us!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Holding Grover in my prayers... :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Hoping and praying the surgery goes beautifully and this is just a freak accident ......

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Saw this on Facebook & came here to get more details. My gosh...please know you are both in my prayers. I will keep watching for an update.