Tina (Mrs. T) ?- 2/4/11

Guest greymama002

Guest greymama002

Summer of 2009, in the “Oldest Neediest hounds” thread, Mrs. T. stole our hearts. She was a survivor of thyroid cancer and heartworm positive, picked up as a stray in Florida. With illegible tattoos, she was believed to be about 10 years old, and her chances of finding a home in Florida were slim. Lisa of Grateful Greyhounds got her into a wonderful foster home, who named her Tina, and treatment for the heartworms. We thought she would fit in great with our 2 quiet boys and hoped that Grateful Greyhounds would consider an out of state placement. In mid September 2009, the sweet senior lady with the spirit of a puppy joined our pack. Next to the boys, she was tiny in size, and could almost fit right under Ruffie. We called her our teeny tiny Tina Weena, teeny bopper, girly girl, Ms. Tina Turner. She gave us so many happy memories with her zest for life, and her in-your-face-raspy bark when she wanted something – a treat, or for you to play toys with her. She ran circles around the boys in the dog pen, always play bowing, and chasing them. At first, they didn’t quite know what to make of her, but then she and Ruffie would always have their nightly frolic , with Pulsar occasionally joining in. Tina loved to play toys, unlike Ruffie who ducks when a toy is tossed his way, and she would always get Pulsar involved. The boys taught her to dig, and at first her attempts were hilarious. She would stab one stiff paw at a time into the sand, but with practice her technique rivaled the boys. For a Florida girl, she absolutely loved zooming through the snow. She loved to come on walks as long as it wasn’t too hot, too cold, too wet, or too dark. If conditions weren’t to her liking, she would plant her feet and put her head down, until of course, we turned back for home. Sometimes this would happen before we even got to the end of the driveway! When excited, she would let the world know with her barking and hopping, when meeting another dog, or when we got home. There was nothing subtle about this lady! She got in as much joy as she could in every moment.

On her very last day with us, our neighbor who lets the dogs out in the afternoon noted that she was especially playful. But when I got home in the evening , she did not seem quite right, and while lying on her bed, had something horrible take control of her, her front legs were stiffly pawing, and she cried out a few times. We rushed her in to our vets, but she was unresponsive, and the emptiness in her eyes told us she was already gone. Tina taught us so much about not being afraid to speak up about what you want, and about living life to the fullest, right up to your very last day on Earth.

Our house is so quiet. I forgot to give the boys their dinner last night til nearly 9 PM, because she didn’t “remind” me. Ruffie keeps coming up to us and tilting his head, like “where is she?” She always slept right at the foot of my bed, so I would have to step around her each morning. Such a vast emptiness this tiny feisty angel has left in our hearts forever. Thank you sweet Tina for the many gifts you gave; in the 16 months you shared our lives, we have a lifetime of memories. Godspeed, little one.

post-17655-0-75725500-1297007905_thumb.jpg

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 You wrote a great tribute to a very special girl.

Godspeed Tina.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

What an amazing girl. Thank you for giving her the life she deserved. I'm sorry she couldn't stay longer with you.

Run with the wind, wild thing.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greymama002

One more pic of our happy girl in the snow

One last pic of our pack at the reunion getting ready for the costume contest. They were rock stars, this is before the wigs & inflatable guitars.

post-17655-0-91453100-1297008775_thumb.jpg

post-17655-0-09752400-1297009021_thumb.jpg

Guest boondog

I'm so very sorry. We lost Jersey on Friday, too. I just know that they're playing together now. Jersey enjoyed a good romp in the snow, too. Run free, Tina.

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very sorry for your loss ~ :bighug

I know the vast emptiness these feisty wonderful senior girls leave in our hearts ~ 2009 was a stellar year for Golden Greys joining us.

Run with the angels sweet Mrs T, you are with the very very best ~

I am so very sorry to read this, your tribute to Tina was so eloquently put. I remember seeing her @ the reunion and the costumes were so cute. My deepest sympathy to you and your family @ this difficult time :bighug:f_red. Run free sweet girl :gh_run:gh_run

Edited by 3greys2cats

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

I remember the post about Mrs. T in that "Oldest Neediest" thread. I'm so thrilled that she had the opportunity to live such a happy life with you, and I'm equally sorry that she's gone. flowers_red.gif

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

What a beautiful tribute to Tina...I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Sorry to hear of Tina's passing. Thanks for giving her a home when she needed one. :f_pink

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave her a wonderful home.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.