Goldie's Nights Are Getting Better! Holding Off On The Anipryl

Guest Energy11

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dee: I know exactly what you are going through as we had to send our greyhound Jackson to the bridge three year s ago because of a brain tumor. My husband just couldn't let go but I just felt jackson spiraling downward and one day looked into his beautiful eyes and I just knew that it Was up to me to help him have peace.....he so deserved our help. You'll know the day to do it and I always think that as awful and sad as it felt for us it was my last gift of love to a very cherished dog. You are in my thoughts...

Dee, I am so very Sorry to see you are going through this, I know it has to be hard! Sending a lot of prayers..... :hope :hope :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Energy11

Just checking in for any updates. How is your sweet Goldie doing today? Vicky

Thanks everyone for checking in! Goldie was just out in the big yard with the others, and is roaching on the couch :-)) She is FINE during the day! THE NIGHTS are still HEck, and Dh and I are both wiped out, but ... we will continue for her.

She sees the vet Tuesday afternoon for her thyroid and full senior panel, and I will, at that time, discuss the possibility of Anipryl for her.

She is such a sweet girl! Thanks for all your good thoughts and prayers! Dee

Guest Energy11

I was actually going to suggest Anipryl-- might be an early onset of cog. dysfunction. Always starts at night.

I appreciate your input. You have WAY more experience than I do with canines :-) Mine is primarily with humans, but I did pick up a few things working for Dr. B :-))

Actually, ... and I HATE to mention this, but, MY GUT still says brain lesion. She was just outside with the others, and really walked slowly, coming in, AND I felt some focal type activity in her neck :-(

This is surely a day by day thing!

Many thanks and hugs for your concern!

I am happy to hear she had a good day outside and was roaching. We will continue to pray for all of you.... :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest TeddysMom

I was actually going to suggest Anipryl-- might be an early onset of cog. dysfunction. Always starts at night.

I appreciate your input. You have WAY more experience than I do with canines :-) Mine is primarily with humans, but I did pick up a few things working for Dr. B :-))

Actually, ... and I HATE to mention this, but, MY GUT still says brain lesion. She was just outside with the others, and really walked slowly, coming in, AND I felt some focal type activity in her neck :-(

This is surely a day by day thing!

Many thanks and hugs for your concern!

Dee, I'm reading all the updates, just can't type much because of a neck problem/pinched nerve. I'm praying for you and Goldie. Give her a good hug from us here on the farm.

I check for her updates everyday and hoping for many more days and even better nights.

xoxo

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Energy11

Again, thanks for all your good thoughts for my Goldie! Her nights are not AS bad, and she sees Dr. Karen this afternoon. We will do a full thyroid panel on her.

I, personally, still think it is a brain lesion/tumor, and will take it day by day with Goldie. She is pretty quiet during the day, but still roaches, and goes out with the others.

We love you all for caring! Dee and Goldie

Was just checking for an update and saw you posted. You are both still in my thoughts and prayers.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Energy11

I LOVE YOU GUYS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH for being here for us!!!

I will keep you posted. My girl seems OK, ... sleeps most of the day, .. has her incidents at night, but .. you never know what our labs today will find!

My ultimate Christmas wish, would be for her to be well again!

With lots of hope and many prayers we are waiting for good news on Miss Goldie

Jean and Gus

Nice to see you here, Jean! Thanks for the well wishes! We will take all the prayers we can!

Love to you and your really FUNNY LOOKING "greyhound" ... Gus! Glad you rescued that boy! :)

Guest Energy11

I don't know if Jean can post photos. ... I know I can't! :-(

Gus is part pointer, and blue tick hound, I THINK, and he was adopted through a GT member, who postedthe info in emails, that he was on "death row," and Jean adopted him! :-))

Jean has always had "needle noses," in the past, but gave this boy a chance! That is AWESOME! Jean is "good people," and a good friend! :colgate

Guest Energy11

Thanks for your continuing good thoughts for this girl! She is on her way home from the vets... Dh is more calming for her. Who'd think, ... an ex PARAMEDIC can't keep her cool with her own greyhound! I mean, I THINK I am, but Goldie can feel my stress! It is NEVER easy with you own! Dh is VERY good with her. She is HIS "Missy Gold," ... and my "Missley!" And, he, even with his bad back, had to carry her into the vets, as she refused to go in! Poor old girl!

They hope to have the bloodwork back by tomorrow morning, so we shall see ... Dr. Karen also thinks she has a brain tumor :-( Can't say she is wrong!

This, as many of you know ... this type of thing can really really wear one down! No offense to my son and his GF, but right now, I could do without their visit! They are staying at my neighbor's wonderful house, within walking distance of here (*my neighbors are AMAZING!!!!!), so that will help, BUT, I don't leave Goldie, sooo, Sean has to understand, they are on their own for shopping, etc. We CAN all get together here or where they are staying, BUT, ONE of us will be home with my dogs! That is the way it is!

Edited by Energy11

Thanks for your continuing good thoughts for this girl! She is on her way home from the vets... Dh is more calming for her. Who'd think, ... an ex PARAMEDIC can't keep her cool with her own greyhound! I mean, I THINK I am, but Goldie can feel my stress! It is NEVER easy with you own! Dh is VERY good with her. She is HIS "Missy Gold," ... and my "Missley!" And, he, even with his bad back, had to carry her into the vets, as she refused to go in! Poor old girl!

They hope to have the bloodwork back by tomorrow morning, so we shall see ... Dr. Karen also thinks she has a brain tumor :-( Can't say she is wrong!

This, as many of you know ... this type of thing can really really wear one down! No offense to my son and his GF, but right now, I could do without their visit! They are staying at my neighbor's wonderful house, within walking distance of here (*my neighbors are AMAZING!!!!!), so that will help, BUT, I don't leave Goldie, sooo, Sean has to understand, they are on their own for shopping, etc. We CAN all get together here or where they are staying, BUT, ONE of us will be home with my dogs! That is the way it is!

Still praying for Goldie, you and DH - I'm really praying for a throid condition. Seems strange to be praying for a specific illness, but hey, I'll take it! I know you would, too!

As far as your son and GF, I'm right there with you! Call me if you need reinforcements! LOL It's me AND my dogs, 24/7 - that's the package, take it or leave it.

Praying, praying, praying...........................................

Edited because I can't spell.

Edited by duncan41

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Energy11

Still praying for Goldie, you and DH - I'm really praying for a throid condition. Seems strange to be praying for a specific illness, but hey, I'll take it! I know you would, too!

As far as your son and GF, I'm right there with you! Call me if you need reinforcements! LOL It's me AND my dogs, 24/7 - that's the package, take it or leave it.

Praying, praying, praying...........................................

Edited because I can't spell.

Well, they are staying within three minutes of my house, SOOOO, I can be with them (**the offered to cook Christimas dinner :-))), and be here too, if needed. THEY are in their 30s, and I am sure they can shop without Mom! :-))) Dh is not medically trained, and IF Goldie were to need rectal Valium, and with the other dogs "packing" ... I doubt he could handle it.

Thanks for all your support! Love ya!