Goldie's Nights Are Getting Better! Holding Off On The Anipryl

Guest Energy11

Dang, I'm trying to remember how my dad used to unfreeze his water pump but it's not coming to me. Hope it warms up soon so you have water again and hope your sweetie has a good night.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked my Dh how to unfreeze a water pump and he wondered where it's located. Here, our pump is buried more than 3 feet underground, well below the frost line. He said it is probably the lines that are frozen. He said you could put straw over the lines and that should keep them warm. He also said you can take a hair blower and warm up the lines but you need to let the water run through the lines or the water will freeze again. He also said you take a 100 watt lightbulb and keep it near the water pump to thaw it out.

I'm not sure if any of this will help, you sure don't want a line to burst. Nine inches is a lot of snow, that would hinder us too and we're used to snow.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Energy11

I asked my Dh how to unfreeze a water pump and he wondered where it's located. Here, our pump is buried more than 3 feet underground, well below the frost line. He said it is probably the lines that are frozen. He said you could put straw over the lines and that should keep them warm. He also said you can take a hair blower and warm up the lines but you need to let the water run through the lines or the water will freeze again. He also said you take a 100 watt lightbulb and keep it near the water pump to thaw it out.

I'm not sure if any of this will help, you sure don't want a line to burst. Nine inches is a lot of snow, that would hinder us too and we're used to snow.

The pump is outside under one of those "fake" rock covers. We had a 100 wt flood light out on the pump area for three hours .. .nothing! We RENT, and it is in the agreement that the landlord has to maintain the well, pump and septic, BUT, NO ONE will be able to get up this road tomorrow. Even our plow guy is stranded. Georgia, mountians or not, NEVER gets this kind of snow.

IF I don't have someone here to repair by Tuesday (*supposed to be thawed by then), I get someone and DEDUCT from the rent, plain and simple! :-)

Stinks melting snow for drinking water. ... luckily, we can shower at my neighbor's house nextdoor (*where son and GF are staying).

Thanks for the ideas!

Guest Energy11

Pretty peaceful night ... NO news on Free T4... weather related, I am sure. We are SNOWED in, and DESPERATELY TRYING to get someone to plow this "road." Rest of roads OK. Also, still without water... waiting to go to neighbors to shower. DH is there now.

Will keep all of you posted. Love ya! DEE

No words, just :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug .

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Energy11

Dee,

Have you been able to contact the landlord about the pump and plowing? This is nuts. Do you have heat?

Nancy

Can't reach the landlord. He is an "arsk butt", basically. WE maintain EVERYTHING, including the road (neighbors help, too as it is a PRIVATE road.. ***The ONLY THING we DON'T MAINTAIN are theWell and septics, ... Had to negotiate this way, or we would have had to move, and we do have a lease option on the place.

Got a guy coming to TRY to clear road now .... our regular road guy.

YIPEE.. Dh just got the water on! Was the points or something, under the house! THANK GOD!! Now, all I need are the stupid Free T4 results on Goldie.

Edited by Energy11

Guest Energy11

Well, sounds like everything is headed in the right direction anyway. SO glad you have water now!

MEEE TOOO on the water! It is a real HUGE pain to walk to the neighbor's to shower, HOWEVER, I am grateful for having the use of their home! :-))

Miss Goldie seems to be doing ok. She is sleeping now. I just wish I had all her bloodwork back. They LOVE the snow! :colgate Like their Mom, I guess ... heat haters! :-))

Guest PhillyPups

Just a thought, keep a trickle of cold water running in the faucet furthest from the intake of he water. We had to do that living at the shore to keep pipes from freezing.

Good luck with it all.

Guest FreddyGirl

Dee,

Thank God!!! Have a wonderful, long hot shower at home. Ear scritches to the snow bunnies:)

Hoping for a cleared driveway, a good night for Goldie, T4 info soon and a good night's sleep.

You deserve it.

n

Guest Energy11

AWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are all soooooo sweet! Yes, I am LOOKING FORWARD to that hott shower.

My Little Missy Gold is feeble, but sooo sweet, and thank God, holding her own. I am not sure where we are going from here, or, how long we have with her, but I thank GOD for the time we have, and friends like all of you! :-)) We are BLESSED!

Now, ... WHERE is that Free T4???

Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dee

Maybe you could call them and see what the status is? Just to make sure it hasn't fallen through the cracks. Hugs and scritches to all.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest Energy11

Maybe you could call them and see what the status is? Just to make sure it hasn't fallen through the cracks. Hugs and scritches to all.

Great minds think a like! I did call, but they'd already left .... I left a message. Trust me, ... north Georgia is NOT ready for this type of snow, so, I am willing to BET, Dr. Karen, either didn't make it in, OR, she made it in late. I HOPE to hear something tomorrow.

Thanks for your kind thoughts! Many hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praying for a peaceful night! :candle :candle :candle :candle :candle

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Energy11

She had another rough time last night, even with Valium and Tramadol ... THAT FREE T4 HAS TO come back today! It has been a WEEK!!

She seems fine, other wise ...

Hoping DD and GF can get down this hill to the main road, to catch their flt. out of Atlanta ... luckily, it leaves late in the day. BUT, it is cold here now, so I don't expect thawing.

Goldie loves the cold! :-))

Thanks again for all your kind thoughts! Love, Dee

Guest Stripeyfan

Eek, just catching up with this thread, I'm so sorry you're having such a bad time with all the snow! More hugs to Goldie (and you!) and hope those test results come through quick.

Everything crossed and prayers added for the thyroid!

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.